Wave 125, Engine Overheated&Automatic Engine Switch Off ?

newbie83

Hey, i was riding constantly for almost one hour at top speed around 100 km/h...Suddenly, bike last its power and stopped in few seconds...The gear was in position 'neutral' after stop....So, I wonder now...Is there some kind of automatic engine temperature switch off for overheating security or I just accidently putted neutral from 4 ( highly doubt it though....)

I don't have LED control of engine overheat....

have you experienced something like this ever in this model ? or in other "waves" ?

Only time I can think of similar was bush bashing a wave up a steep hill (totally silly off road jungle fun) and cooked it so it 'almost' seized.. Cut out and after I let it cool and start again it ran but weak and sounded like a bag of bolts.. Cant remember if it only needed rings or a new barrel.

I am fairly sure theres no automatic switch, and it wouldnt also move the gear selector into neutral, thats a mechanical thing not an electronic one.

Edited by LivinLOS

Only time I can think of similar was bush bashing a wave up a steep hill (totally silly off road jungle fun) and cooked it so it 'almost' seized.. Cut out and after I let it cool and start again it ran but weak and sounded like a bag of bolts.. Cant remember if it only needed rings or a new barrel.

I am fairly sure theres no automatic switch, and it wouldnt also move the gear selector into neutral, thats a mechanical thing not an electronic one.

hmm so i putted neutral from 4 :o ?.... hmmmm

i have that model with fuel injection 125i

after 40 minutes stop (engine was very hot indeed, took a lot of time to cool it ;] ) bike was running without any problems...again, top speed for around 40 minutes, some break and again top speed for 40 minutes...so after that strange pause almost 150 km without any problems on top speeds mostly.

I changed oil 2000 kms ago, and AFAIK you should do this every 4000 km ?

As I said above, bike is running now again smoothly, I am only wondering what happened...I was riding on express way in Poland, and I would like to avoid such situations again, because this could be dangerous.....

So far I have only two hypothesis:

1. engine was too hot indeed and it switched itself off to cool,

2. i putted accidently neutral from 4, but I don't feel that I did it....

thanks

Edited by newbie83

after 40 minutes stop (engine was very hot indeed, took a lot of time to cool it ;] ) bike was running without any problems...again, top speed for around 40 minutes, some break and again top speed for 40 minutes...so after that strange pause almost 150 km without any problems on top speeds mostly.

I changed oil 2000 kms ago, and AFAIK you should do this every 4000 km ?

As I said above, bike is running now again smoothly, I am only wondering what happened...I was riding on express way in Poland, and I would like to avoid such situations again, because this could be dangerous.....

So far I have only two hypothesis:

1. engine was too hot indeed and it switched itself off to cool,

2. i putted accidently neutral from 4, but I don't feel that I did it....

thanks

Don't know what happened but if it still runs hot and you want to keep riding for hours at 100 kph then see if there is an oil cooler to fit the 125. The cylinder head is different to the Wave 100 but try German Monkey Bike sites. Be careful if it says "Universal" because it won't be!

Change the oil to 100% synthetic it has better Hi temp characteristics.