Will Immigration In Bk Change A Tourist Visa To A 90 Days Non-O

2 months ago I got a 60 days extension based on having a Thai wife. This time I was planning on going out for a week holiday to KL or another place but something just came up so it would be nice if I could get a 90 days Non-O in BK.

But its only a week left so I wonder will they do it?

....All this mess as I forgot my documents in Thailand when I went back home earlier this year blink.gif

Difficult to say. They used to do it if you qualify for the 1 year extension of stay and had at least 21 days left on your permission to stay. Recent posts suggested that you no longer need 21 days left, but it is not clear how many days you do need left.

The only advice I can give is go today and try it. Otherwise it is a trip to a neighboring country for a non-O.

You need to have the foreign marriage certificate certified by your embassy, than translated in Thai and than certified by the Thai foreign ministry. Next you go to an amphur and have the wedding officially recorded into the Thai wedding register. Of this recording you ask the Kor Rhor 2 form (copy of entry into the wedding register), which you will need from immigration. Now you cna get an extension of stay from immigration, if you meet the other criteria.

For getting a non-O from abroad your foreign wedding certificate will be enough. In Asia only Kuala Lumphur will issue a multiple non-O and for that you must show at least 100,000 THB in a bank account. You would also need a copy of your wife's ID and household book, together with a simple note asking for a visa for you.

You must qualify for one year extension of stay to obtain such a change of visa entry from immigration

Except, the time-in-the-bank requirement (2 months) for the 400k is not needed for conversion, as you'll initially receive a 90-day permitted to stay stamp, and told to come back in two months to apply for your 1-year extension of stay. At which time, of course, the 2-months bank seasoning requirement is then satisfied.