Heathrow Terminal 3 To Bkk

kunash

Hi, soon I will be making my regular trip to thailand, Suvarnabhumi airport

i will travel from heathrow terminal 3, with thai ir, and this time i will be going business class. ( yes i know thai air use older planes, but i like them all the same :).

I am wondering where the business class area lounge is at term 3 please. saves me looking around, as i will be pushed for time. i guess it is after the duty free area, towards the boarding gates. any ideas pls.

also on my return to the UK from Suvarnabhumi airport, can anyone tell me where the business class lounge area is at swampy. as i go through passport control, is it a left or right pls. is it possible to get fast tracked through passport control at heathrow coming in, or swampy going out, by asking at check in. maybe the fast track is asking for too much :), i only ever seem to spend maximum 10 minutes in those queues, so no worries if there are not.

thanks

i think next time i will try qatar air - i prefer direct flights

• Like 1

hi

The business class lounge at London terminal 3 - Thai airways uses the Busy, Star Alliance lounge located past the duty free area heading towards gates 1-12 it serves light snacks / alcoholic beverages

free internet screens. The lounge has 2 floors, upstairs is quieter, - After check-in you can go through fast-track security - nothing fast track about it !! - on board try to get seats upstairs either row 12/14 check out seatguru.com Thai uses 747 type 2 744

look at the thai website to see what food / entertainment films being shown during the month.

At Bangkok you need entrance door 1 - royal silk - business check-in with fast track through security - you can use ANY royal silk business lounge located near your departure gate

coming back into london the fast track through security is very slow as there are many nationalities and only one desk - if you are a UK / EEC member ONLY use the UK / EEC lane, it's much quicker - don't get caught in the fast track lane

have a good trip

Edited by mallorca284673

thanks for reply, yes i am in row 12*, upstairs. i thought it would be a bit quieter and a more personal service upstairs. last time i was on thai air back in july, i did try and have a look at the business seats but didnt get a good look., so not sure what they are like. and i will use the royal silk business check in at Gate 1.

one other thing please. i will be travelling to koh samui, business class from swampy, with bangkok air. will i be able to use the same business facilities at the airport?

thanks in advance

thanks for reply, yes i am in row 12*, upstairs. i thought it would be a bit quieter and a more personal service upstairs. last time i was on thai air back in july, i did try and have a look at the business seats but didnt get a good look., so not sure what they are like. and i will use the royal silk business check in at Gate 1.

one other thing please. i will be travelling to koh samui, business class from swampy, with bangkok air. will i be able to use the same business facilities at the airport?

thanks in advance

hi kunash

bangkok aiways have their own boutique lounges here's the link with the map to show you where it is http://www.bangkokai...rvice/index.php

thai airway seat demo http://www.thaiair.c...ss-services.htm

bangkok aiways have their own business class check-in it's located through entrance door 4 in area F desks F1 - F18

if you want to look at customer reviews check out airline quality

Edited by mallorca284673

thanks in advance

hi kunash

bangkok aiways have their own boutique lounges here's the link with the map to show you where it is http://www.bangkokai...rvice/index.php

thai airway seat demo http://www.thaiair.c...ss-services.htm

bangkok aiways have their own business class check-in it's located through entrance door 4 in area F desks F1 - F18

if you want to look at customer reviews check out airline quality

thanks for that

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I used TG Business class upstairs,I was in the first row(can't remember the number),just in front of the toilets and the leg was not good but I am 6'1''.

The chap next to me was shorter and put his feet on the wall!.:annoyed:

Service and food wonderful,as usual.

\

Cheers

I have been flying TG in business for a while. I like to get the fron row upsatairs (row 11) because it feels like a private room if you have no one next to you. I'm 6'5" and found it spacious enough.

If you have questions, you can ask when you check in. They are usually more helpful with premium passengers.

hi

The business class lounge at London terminal 3 - Thai airways uses the Busy, Star Alliance lounge located past the duty free area heading towards gates 1-12 it serves light snacks / alcoholic beverages

free internet screens. The lounge has 2 floors, upstairs is quieter, - After check-in you can go through fast-track security - nothing fast track about it !! - on board try to get seats upstairs either row 12/14 check out seatguru.com Thai uses 747 type 2 744

look at the thai website to see what food / entertainment films being shown during the month.

At Bangkok you need entrance door 1 - royal silk - business check-in with fast track through security - you can use ANY royal silk business lounge located near your departure gate

coming back into london the fast track through security is very slow as there are many nationalities and only one desk - if you are a UK / EEC member ONLY use the UK / EEC lane, it's much quicker - don't get caught in the fast track lane

have a good trip

i fiew from t3 recently on a thursday, the lounge was not busy at all.

the heathrow lounge is still far better than the thai ones at swampy for food/ snack choice. In fact i would go as far to say Thai lounges are poor nowdays ( didnt used to be though ). Access to swampy lounges and the check though are great.

in the air thai are ok, Not the best by a long way though. Flew etihad biz class rently also, they were far better than thai.