Best Big Game Sea Fishing In Whole Of Thailand

thaibound2

hello every one, i have just found the fishing section of the TVF

ive posted this same thread a few diff places on here as i didnt know it was here sorry?

basically i have a friend coming over to thailand for the nov/dec sail fish fishing.........(dont worry i want all bill fish that i catch to be set free)

ive heard alot of negative things about the state of deep sea, game fishing in thailand???

so im keen to make sure i go to the best locations to maximise our chances of a good catch, how ever im not familiar with thailands sea fishing locations so any advise or help in regards to the best location would be ideal, im not keen on going to where all the farangs go or places flooded with tourists, however that said i wil fish where the fish are?

and when i say thailand i mean any where here i willing to travel any where?

i will look forward to your suggestions and replys in regards to locations and also recommended people to charter from?

cheers james

think i will give the sea fishing a miss then lol that looks awsome

To be honest sea fishing is quite hard to do in Thailand. I will be going there again with my father this holliday but i dont expect to catch anything. But the normal fishing we are doing is much more fun.

To be honest sea fishing is quite hard to do in Thailand. I will be going there again with my father this holliday but i dont expect to catch anything. But the normal fishing we are doing is much more fun.

Try rawai beach fishing club they are an IGFA Sponsor Club and have access to Sailfishing & Black Marlin as well as some Great Charter Vessels and an amazing Clubhouse on the Beach

Instead of deap sea fishing consider fresh water fishing and contact Jean François at  www.anglingthailand.com

He knows his business and will take you and your friend(s) to incredible places to catch (and release) fabulous fish!   

Just a note if you dont want to pay too much, just go to bungsamran yourself (soi navamin 42 most taxi's know it) Then hire a guide there and some rods.

Its loads cheaper as going with guides and the white guides always hire a Thai for the fishing and do little themselves. So you cut out the foreign guide and go straight to the Thais. It literally saves 1000ds of baht.

Bungsamran is one of the few ponds where its easy to rent rods and there are always guides there.

Entrance fee 1000 bt

Bungalow 800 bt

Thai guide 1000 bt

rent of a rod ?? sorry cant remember

Bait 250 bt

Taxi there and back 400-500 depending where you stay

Still saves a good 2000 baht

Edited by robblok

For guaranteed sail fish book up next season with the lads who fish Kuala Romping on the east coast of Malaysia and September is the hottest month with typical catches of 10 sails a day and recent record in excess of 25 but personally once I have caught 5 I switch and try for table fish. If you search you'll find reports I filed last year but from memory these were outside peak season as I have no desire to land 10 sails in a day let alone 20+.but others relish the opportunity. The season is still on but closes once the rains move in which is mid October sometime.

Enjoy