Air Asia Credit Card Payment Page

damole

I just tried to book a ticket for a Thai friend who doesn't have a credit card and when I got to the page for entering my CC details I noticed that the padlock in the bottom of my browser (Firefox 3.6.10) has a red exclamation saying "Warning : Contains unauthenticated content". The web address starts https which is good but these days most websites that require financial information show the name of the website highlighted in blue or green and hovering the mouse over the name will show that the site is verified although I'm not sure if this is the same in other browsers.

Has anybody noticed this, I don't remember it the last time I booked with Air Asia.

post-38660-094932200 1285392179_thumb.jp

If you do do pay for a ticket for a friend be sure you are traveling with them - and take the CC with you !

Air Asia is one of the few carriers that don't have this requirement.

can confirm this. you can pay for a ticket for anyone and all they need is the booking number with them. remember to fill their names and date of birth correctly.

this is how I was instructed by airasia customer service and have booked a flight for a friend couple of times without flying with them, successfully

If you do do pay for a ticket for a friend be sure you are traveling with them - and take the CC with you !

Air Asia is one of the few carriers that don't have this requirement.

can confirm this. you can pay for a ticket for anyone and all they need is the booking number with them. remember to fill their names and date of birth correctly.

this is how I was instructed by airasia customer service and have booked a flight for a friend couple of times without flying with them, successfully

Correct...I've done this many times, buying a ticket for someone on AirAsia for travel by themselves when I'm not even in Thailand.

And this is not the first time I've heard of people having trouble with the payment page, though I never have myself (including earlier this evening).

It's a stupid Firefox thing. Basically your payment is secure because it's using https however firefox is whining it you because the https:// is using a certificate which hasn't been purchased for $200+ USD from a big named company. All it really does is discourage websites from using secure connections that they can setup for free.

I suggest you use a better browser like Google Chrome instead. Firefox isn't that great anymore.

Correct - this is a trap with Air Asia - the person who pays with the credit card MUST be at the airport to collect and verify the payment and eTicket. If your friend arrives and you booked it and paid with your card - the fine print says "the name on the credit card must be the same for the ticket". Don't get caught as Air Asia take your money and you can't get it back - I have had the experience and have never liked their airline anyway.

I've traveled many, many times on Air Asia and on several occassions I've been asked for the credit card used for booking. I've always had it with me so I don't know what would happen if I didn't have it or if I wasn't traveling with the person who paid for the ticket. I do agree with "Asiawatcher" above as the fine print says they can make you buy a new ticket.

I wouldn't take the chance with Air Asia.

My point is that as a consumer I like to feel confident that when I use my credit card on-line, and that the companies I am doing business with are making maximum effort to keep my information safe. As long as you are using one of the common browsers there should be no problems and I would expect them to test with all the of the common ones.

As you can see from this screen shot on some pages they get it right, the padlock in the bottom has no warning exclamation mark and the website shows it is registered with Akamai.

I have sent them a email suggesting that they look into this.

Coincidentally the day after I booked the ticket (reluctantly) a friend of mine in Chiang Mai had his credit card blocked because of an unauthorized transaction of several thousand dollars made in the US. He has never been the the US and this specific card had only been used on-line on reputable UK business websites and had never left his condo. He doesn't know how it happened but for me it's more proof of how careful ones needs to be on-line.

post-38660-064906000 1285811975_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...