Suspected Thief Shot Dead At Police Party In Sattahip

webfact

Suspected thief shot dead by off-duty Police officer at Police Party in Sattahip

SATTAHIP: -- A suspected thief was shot dead by an off-duty Police Office at a Police Party in Sattahip, in the early hours of Saturday Morning. Police Colonel Tirapong, the Deputy Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police was at the party and made his way to the crime scene where he inspected the body of Khun Ongat aged 40. He had been shot in his stomach, chest and right arm by Police Sergeant Suchart aged 30 who told us he left the party to use the toilet and spotted the victim attempting to break-in to an apartment which is normally occupied by Police Lieutenant Colonel Chowsiri, a Senior Inspector at Sattahip Police Station.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2010-09-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Wonder what could have been so interesting to look for

in the colonel's rather down scale apartment he 'used' ,

but it doesn't say lived in....

The guy looked quite prepared to do a forced entry, if the photos aren't staged,

and it seems he came prepared for trouble if the story about his weapon is also true.

Bet there is more to this story than face value.

As the old pirate saw said; "dead men tell no tales."

Edited by animatic

At first I was concerned about the fact that the thief got shot 3 times and no mention of other things happening, but the full article mentions that the thief fired first at the civilian clothed officer and injured him in the arm...so good riddance to the thief then.

What was an off duty officer doing with a fire arm

Pretty sure that firearms are carried by many off-duty policemen in many countries.

The original post is a bit misleading. Unless the coppers staged it (why do we all become cynics in this part of the world), the copper acted in self-defense and that is fair enough IMHO.

yep most Thai police carry their guns everywhere they go. I sometimes go riding with  few Thai police and they are all carrying. Even the ex-police still carry. I suppose they are never sure who they are going to meet. I don't blame them really