Visa Card Not Working In Atm In Thaland

Ron

:ermm: I don't know if anybody else is having the same problems as me. For the last two months nt Visa and Mastercard do not work in the ATM's in Alanyaprathet. I must go inside the bank and receive money. Nobody seems to know about it and the bank says its bad contact with my bank in Europe. If anybody can clue me in to what is happening please do.

did you contact your bank in europe?

The OP will have to contact his bank. I had similar problems before and had to contact my bank and they are clearly worried about fraud. Once you provide them with some information thay will reactivate the card.

did you contact your bank in europe?

The OP will have to contact his bank. I had similar problems before and had to contact my bank and they are clearly worried about fraud. Once you provide them with some information thay will reactivate the card.

The same for me; I have sometimes had Visa and MasterCard rejected, and when contacting UK, it is because they have put a security hold on it - something they do at random in countries where fraud is prevalent apparently. I just confirm my identity and away we go again.

Elwood

It is obviously a good idea to have a working ATM card, but as a matter of fact going inside saves 150 baht a visit and also makes it possible to get bigger amounts in one go. Since the summer I've been going to the counter for visa cash advances and find it is a surprisingly smooth process, in the bigger banks anyway.

I never had a problem with an ATM here. Aside from leaving my card in the machine multiplt times.

Just recently, they've added a decision on whether or not to proceed "with the conversion." or something like that. I kept saying yes, proceed with" thinking that saying "no" would nullify my transaction. It didn't work. When I pressed the "no" button after awhile, it worked. I still don't know what they're asking me, but "no'" oddly, is the correct answer. It seems backward to me.

• Like 1