New Honda Cbr 150I Launch Oct 30Th?

thomo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 250 in this styling would be very nice indeed.

I think it actually looks a bit too much like a big bike (CBR600?), it's kind of like you're trying too hard. Like some boyracer with some little old car with massive exhaust and tinted windows etc. I'd feel like a little bit of a chump sitting on it only to have every modded Fino and Raider trying to outrun me, and probably nearly succeeding.

I have a cbr150 now worth 30-35k. Sell it and pay another 45k say for this, or another 70k for a 2 yr old ninja250 and without knowing the performance of the 150i, would probably go for the ninja.

Okay, some official pictures.

Went out and found and bought the magazine, not easy to find btw, not exactly a massive publication.

med_gallery_30440_1319_90112.jpg

note the underseat exhaust?

Front looks like a ninja650 to my eyes.

med_gallery_30440_1319_347311.jpg

And the Q&A is here if anyone is a fluent reader.

http://static.thaivi...1319_226292.jpg

http://static.thaivi..._1319_86393.jpg

SO what you think??

I'll have 2 thanks.

Went out and found and bought the magazine, not easy to find btw, not exactly a massive publication.

SO what you think??

I'll have 2 thanks.

This is actually the 2011 cbr600rr!!!!!!!!!

A 250 in this styling would be very nice indeed.

I think it actually looks a bit too much like a big bike (CBR600?), it's kind of like you're trying too hard. Like some boyracer with some little old car with massive exhaust and tinted windows etc. I'd feel like a little bit of a chump sitting on it only to have every modded Fino and Raider trying to outrun me, and probably nearly succeeding.

I have a cbr150 now worth 30-35k. Sell it and pay another 45k say for this, or another 70k for a 2 yr old ninja250 and without knowing the performance of the 150i, would probably go for the ninja.

Tha't's because it is the CBR600RR - the 2011 model to be precise.

Not so sure about it being double the price of the 150, although it could be. If they did come with one, I think they might try to keep the price lower than the Ninja 250 to be more competitive. But who knows.

When have honda ever aimed for the non premium brand position ??

That's because it is the CBR600RR - the 2011 model to be precise.

Haha, well I did say:

I think it actually looks a bit too much like a big bike (CBR600?)

:D

The whole article and page is about the CBR150i, from the heading in bold, to the Q&A's, with only the last Q being about the 250i, but yes, the pictures aren't labeled.

Edited by thomo

SO what you think??

I'll have 2 thanks.

This is actually the 2011 cbr600rr!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, it's actually the 2010 CBR600RR!!!!!!!

The 2011 model remains the same but with different colours.

yeah yeah yeah :D

btw, what difference in performance does a FI system produce compared to a carb engine?

And which other Honda is this off? IT's on imageshack as the cbr150i.

cbr150i.jpg

Hi Thomo.

The CBR 150i wishes it could grow up to be this bike.

But alas it isn't, but thanks for bringing back some fond memories though as it's the old Honda 2001 CBR 900RR

Edited by LOSHonda

If you go to ImageShack and type in "Honda CBR 150i", you get PAGES of images that you have to sort through to TRY to find one. If you change the search criteria to "2010 CBR 150i", you get pretty much the same thing. If you go to CBR Club web page, there is a very good pick of the 2010 CBR 150i, but it's in INDIA, and no mention (according to Google translate) of Thailand. So we all play the "wait & see" game for another 17 days on the 150, and who knows about the 250?

:angry:

If you go to ImageShack and type in "Honda CBR 150i", you get PAGES of images that you have to sort through to TRY to find one. If you change the search criteria to "2010 CBR 150i", you get pretty much the same thing. If you go to CBR Club web page, there is a very good pick of the 2010 CBR 150i, but it's in INDIA, and no mention (according to Google translate) of Thailand. So we all play the "wait & see" game for another 17 days on the 150, and who knows about the 250?

HI,

Can you post a link for the cbr club picture - cheers

HI,

Can you post a link for the cbr club picture - cheers

I would if I could find it again. But since my last post I did some "cleaning" of my comp, which includes shredding all "History" files, and now I can't find it. I tried looking again, but after about clicking on about 30 websites, I gave up. What I do remember is that the photo they had is identical to one I posted previously as the 150i in red, and also the white/black one.

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that the price for the 2011 CBR250R-Fi is going to sell for 99.500 THB . . . . . OR if unlucky this is the price for the CBR150R-Fi ., but i dont think so . .,

-

Will be interesting how the final design will turn out to be . . , It will be a Kawa Ninja 250 Killer :)

Edited by oMega69

I can confirm that the price for the 2011 CBR250R-Fi is going to sell for 99.500 THB . . . . . OR if unlucky this is the price for the CBR150R-Fi ., but i dont think so . .,

-

Will be interesting how the final design will turn out to be . . , It will be a Kawa Ninja 250 Killer :)

the Edit buttom was gone .......

Any way here is 1 more new picture of the new CBR 150R-Fi

post-40903-0-75448400-1289216191_thumb.j

150cc is 74.900 THB and the 250cc 95.500 THB . . . .

And to bad its only Singel Cylinder :/ then the sound of the engine sounds lame . .

Have you heard one running?? From reports apparently not many mechanics could pick between the new counterbalanced Honda 250 single, and a twin when heard running.

Same with the paint scheme, in real life looks much better than the 150 colour schemes, more classy and sophisticated.

From reports apparently not many mechanics could pick between the new counterbalanced Honda 250 single, and a twin when heard running.

Linky?

Same with the paint scheme, in real life looks much better than the 150 colour schemes, more classy and sophisticated.

Cool. Where did you see it? Can you post the pics you took, if you took any?

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Edited by DomToggaf

From reports apparently not many mechanics could pick between the new counterbalanced Honda 250 single, and a twin when heard running.

Linky?

Cool. Where did you see it? Can you post the pics you took, if you took any?

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

I Saw the full range of colours at the Official Honda release of the 250 in Thailand plus the 2 special race replica colours Mugen and Moriwaki.

Believe me they look very very nice!! Sorry I didnt have my camera.