Thai Students Hospitalised After Death Cap Stew

webfact

Magic mushroom?

Maybe what they were looking for but got the wrong thing.

does the death cap look like the magic mushroom?

They don't look anything alike; psilocybn mushrooms usually only grow out of piles of crap and only at night. The fly agaric mushrooms these folks ate are stout mushrooms with a red cap and white spots; like the one in alice and wonderland.The ones they ate though, as well as being highly toxic do contain a hallucinogen; bufetonin I believe which no one in their right mind would take for fun; it creates nightmare like effects and can cause people to go insane. I believe its similar to belladonna. Shamen in China would ingest them but in order to make less toxic someone else would eat the mushroom and the shamen would drink his urine.

The Vikings did that before going on their travels. the women would eat the mushrooms and then bottle their urin and the vikings would drink it before going ashore in the country they were about to rape and pillage. it made them go crazy and gave them some courage.

You'd have to have plenty of courage in the first place to drink the wife's piss!

Bad enough having to piss in a bottle on the coach on the way to the football, never mind drinking it before you encounter the opposition :lol:

Magic mushroom?

Maybe what they were looking for but got the wrong thing.

does the death cap look like the magic mushroom?

They don't look anything alike; psilocybn mushrooms usually only grow out of piles of crap and only at night. The fly agaric mushrooms these folks ate are stout mushrooms with a red cap and white spots; like the one in alice and wonderland.The ones they ate though, as well as being highly toxic do contain a hallucinogen; bufetonin I believe which no one in their right mind would take for fun; it creates nightmare like effects and can cause people to go insane. I believe its similar to belladonna. Shamen in China would ingest them but in order to make less toxic someone else would eat the mushroom and the shamen would drink his urine.

The Vikings did that before going on their travels. the women would eat the mushrooms and then bottle their urin and the vikings would drink it before going ashore in the country they were about to rape and pillage. it made them go crazy and gave them some courage.

I would just like to say how darn impressed I am that ThaiVisa posters are so knowledgeable about mushrooms. Scary impressed.

The intoxicating Alice in Wonderland shroom is the ""amanita muscaria""", not the Death Cap which is """amanita phalloides""". They don't look the same.

800px-Amanita_muscaria_3_vliegenzwammen_op_rij.jpg

233px-Amanita_phalloides_1.JPG

The highly toxic """amanita pantera looks""" like the muscaria and causes deaths to soma seekers.

200px-Amanita_pantherina_1.JPG

death caps kill those who are looking for food mushrooms. '''paddy straw mushroom"""

magic shrooms """psilocybin""" only grow in cow pods in fields

220px-Dried_Cubensis.jpg<A class=image href="/wiki/File:Psilocybe.mexicana.jpg' class='thumbimage' alt='""' />220px-Psilocybe.mexicana.jpg

here is what we had FEAST of the other day in curry coconut milk with smoked salmon on rice

AH ROI

<A class=image href="/wiki/File:Chanterelle_Cantharellus_cibarius.jpg">220px-Chanterelle_Cantharellus_cibarius.jpg Chantrelle tastes like chicken!!!

Edited by yellow1red1
  • Like 1

The intoxicating Alice in Wonderland shroom is the ""amanita muscaria""", not the Death Cap which is """amanita phalloides""". They don't look the same.

800px-Amanita_muscaria_3_vliegenzwammen_op_rij.jpg

233px-Amanita_phalloides_1.JPG

The highly toxic """amanita pantera looks""" like the muscaria and causes deaths to soma seekers.

200px-Amanita_pantherina_1.JPG

death caps kill those who are looking for food mushrooms. '''paddy straw mushroom"""

magic shrooms """psilocybin""" only grow in cow pods in fields

220px-Dried_Cubensis.jpg<A class=image href="/wiki/File:Psilocybe.mexicana.jpg' class='thumbimage' alt='""' />220px-Psilocybe.mexicana.jpg

here is what we had FEAST of the other day in curry coconut milk with smoked salmon on rice

AH ROI

<A class=image href="/wiki/File:Chanterelle_Cantharellus_cibarius.jpg">220px-Chanterelle_Cantharellus_cibarius.jpg Chantrelle tastes like chicken!!!

Dude, you are by FAR the most knowledgeable. Thanks for the pics. Darn impressed.

The ability of posters here to laugh at other people's misfortune astounded me. Sympathy is apparently too much to ask for.

me too, but wasn't astonished or surprised, predictable more like it..........

I agree they all jump on the bandwagon. I would love to walk through the swedish woods looking for mushrooms on a worm summer day. Wouldnt eat them though.

The ability of posters here to laugh at other people's misfortune astounded me. Sympathy is apparently too much to ask for.

Now just hang on a cotton picking minute. One important point here, nobody died, hopefully 10 boys learned a valuable lesson and will spread that lesson on to their peers, therefore saving more discomfort to even more people.... as far as I am concerned, making light of that is perfectly Ok in my book, in fact just saying anything about it keeps it topical and in the 'new content' bracket which informs even more people not to perform this blatant act of stupidity.

Blatant acts of stupidity should be ridiculed to really hammer the message home.... and do I need to say it again, nobody died, if one or more of them had died I would think that most of the posts in this topic would be the "RIP" or "Condolences to the family" type.

My guess is they dint understand the book at all, because this is typical of Thais... never asking anyone and presuming they know-all.

Then they undoubtedly made it in to a ghastly broth stuffed full of chillies any how, so they could not taste the delicate mushroom flavors.

My guess is they dint understand the book at all, because this is typical of Thais... never asking anyone and presuming they know-all.

Then they undoubtedly made it in to a ghastly broth stuffed full of chillies any how, so they could not taste the delicate mushroom flavors.

More Thai bashing. Do you generalise about all nationalities. Why would you live here if you have such disdane for the people here? I am not trying to badger you I just dont understand. I hope they get better soon and learn from their mistake.

More Thai bashing. Do you generalise about all nationalities. Why would you live here if you have such disdane for the people here? I am not trying to badger you I just dont understand. I hope they get better soon and learn from their mistake.

Well Ive been here for 30 years so I must like the place, but I have learnt a lot about Thai nature so my comments are not to bash the Thais its just fact. Sorry.