Break-Ins And Hold Ups

draggons

Maid came back from the shops this morning with more news of break ins and hold ups around Phala.

As the local news goes the resteraunt by Garden International School was held up at gun point the other evening and that there was a couple of break ins last night around Phala.

Over the last week or so we've had motorbikes slow or even stop and have a good look in at the house, at least a pack of 10 dogs soon move them on!!! Lot of transient workers around here maybe looking for a quick score before moving on.

Keep an eye out folks and watch your property.

• 1 month later...

I live in the Payoon Beach area in a gated development and there has even been some break-ins there! My brother in law told me not to ride my motorbike at night between Ban Chang and Payoon Beach. I guess robbers have been stringing a rope across the road and almost beheaded a few "farlangs"....

I like to get my hands on one of those pieces of [email protected] can ruin even a nice quiet place like Ban Chang....maybe it is better to live in Pattaya...at least its busy so those things might not happen has much....The only hazards I see in Pattaya is too much booze and girls...

Sorry to hear about your breakins. And that rope thing is horrible. Sure wish they could catch those guys. We visit that area often and have lunch on the beach nearby.

Pattaya has these same type of crimes for sure. Even on busy roads like Soi Siam Country Club. They come along side you and kick you off your scooter, rob you and steal your bike. One guy recently has been hiding on a side soi and holding up riders with a gun!

Times are tough. Many have lost jobs. Or are on drugs....or both. Crime seems to be on the rise for sure....

Do you think there is any truth to that rope trick story, or is another Thai paranoid myth, like bandits in every wooded area and the many many ghost stories?

It's the first time I've heard of it. I've lived in Banchang 15 years, and I've never heard of anything like this. If someone had been beheaded or 'clothes-lined' for robbery purposes, then I would imagine that the story would be huge around the Banchang expat community.

Please post stories with some real evidence, rather than posting paranoid delusions, if possible...:huh:

The day that Pattaya is a more preferable / safer place to live than Banchang is the day that H#ll freezes over. Get real.