Looking For 2Nd Hand Wheelchair

jaideeguy

My 91 yr old Pop is in need of a wheelchair and maybe someone out there in CM area has one that is not being used [for whatever reason].

Preferably falang sized, foldable and with pnumatic wheels.

Please pm me details if you have one or know of one.

thanks in advance.....

Have you checked with the Disabled Center over in town....????

There are usually several there..

The disabled centre doesn't sell anything it supports Thais with their wheelchair needs. It is worth sponsering though it does do good things.

I sent you a pm, hope you rec'd it. Ours is the larger size for falangs. I'll return on 14 Oct.

Yeah, I checked with the 'Disabled Center' and the problem is their wheelchairs are almost all smaller Thai sized and my father needs a larger size.......maybe someone out there has a larger one?

Getting second hand medical supplies for home use in CM is a nightmare.

Beds for example, I have no dea what the hospitals do with their used beds (probably sell them to hospitals that charge lower fees)

I recently had this discussion with a friend who was trying to locate one for a friend who was very sick but wanted to stay at home, I believe he located one in Pattaya and then had to pay to send it up here, but it was not an easy quest, then you still can't really see what you are getting for your money.

Would be a great business opportunity for someone who was willing to scour the country for them or import them from abroad and either rent them or sell them with a built in "buy back' contract.

Just a thought

I sent you a pm, hope you rec'd it. Ours is the larger size for falangs. I'll return on 14 Oct.

Yeah, I checked with the 'Disabled Center' and the problem is their wheelchairs are almost all smaller Thai sized and my father needs a larger size.......maybe someone out there has a larger one?

No Jimmy.....I didn't receive your message. Been having trouble with posting and replying myself and gets frustrating when you write a reply and it gets lost in cyberspace.

And yes Thaipauly....great idea. CM needs a rental service for not only hospital equipment, but tools that you only need for a day and don't want to purchase....do it for us!!

Not for second hand I guess, but there is a large pharmacy on Kaew Nawarat road that has wheelchairs and hospital beds. I think it is on the last intersection before you get to superhighway. Forgot the name of the pharmacy but they have different branches all over town.

• Like 1

jaideeguy:

I bought a brand new wheelchair for my wife about six months ago. It's the large size, you can see almost in any Pharma Choice Pharmacy in town. We only used it once - took it out to Macro. It's too big for my little wife and a pain for us to place in and out of the trunk of the car. I don't remember what we paid for it, somewhere I believe between 4-5,000 baht. I'm in US currently and will return on 14 Oct. If you don't find one by then, email me and I'm sure we can work something out.

[email protected]