Renting In The Area Around Nong Bua Lamphu

kenny999

Geez....thats out of the frying pan into the fire

Have spent quite a lot of time in Nong Sang (beside Ubonrat) for the last 15 years

After 10 days start to feel like I am on another planet...its nice there beside the lake but Nongbualamphu itself as a place to live leaves a lot to be desired. The lack of things available that are readily available in Phuket really hits home...nearest supermarket is Udon or Khon Kaen...about 80k away.

Pollution is terrible when the burn offs start...have u been there when the hot season is in full force

But your querry of how much to rent I cant help u with but would imagine its very cheap

Edited by Phuket Stan

Have spent quite a lot of time in Nong Sang (beside Ubonrat) for the last 15 years

After 10 days start to feel like I am on another planet...its nice there beside the lake but Nongbualamphu itself as a place to live leaves a lot to be desired. The lack of things available that are readily available in Phuket really hits home...nearest supermarket is Udon or Khon Kaen...about 80k away.

Pollution is terrible when the burn offs start...have u been there when the hot season is in full force

But your querry of how much to rent I cant help u with but would imagine its very cheap

This just a thought at the moment, I have a friend up there who loves the isolation, I would be happy with a local bar and good fishing a simple life would be good, but will not rush in to anything.

This just a thought at the moment, I have a friend up there who loves the isolation, I would be happy with a local bar and good fishing a simple life would be good, but will not rush in to anything.

Have a look around the big man made Lake Ubonrat...there r some nice spots...am not so sure about the fishing though..dont see too many big ones...Over the last 3 or 4 years I am starting to see more farang faces around the area...when I first went to Nong Sang I was a novelty

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have spent quite a bit of time in Nong Bua Lamphu. We have a beautiful view from our place of the mountain ranges.

There is a growing farang community in Nong bua, with two western bars, one with pool tables across the road from one another.

There is also a strip of small pubs/bars, where you can have a drink and listen to live music, one disco and a large Carabao live music pub. I quite enjoy the night life there, it's a relaxed atmosphere and cheap (you can bring your own whiskey and pay for the mixers if you wish)

Udonthani is only 30 minutes drive away if you really need a fix of KFC or pizza or want to get a sunday roast at Irish clock and watch the Aussie footy at Koala Bar after.

I've just got back to aus for work but I'll be back in nongbua soon.

cheers

kingy