Upright Vacuum Cleaners

NoBrainer

All of the machines i've seen in Thailand have been the cylinder type.

I don't ever recal seeing an upright cleaner and would consider them to be unsuitable on a tiled floor.

Just a personal thought on this one in that a cylinder cleaner is more manouverable than an upright cleaner and gets into the more difficult places much easier with it's better manouverability.

Edited by nam-thip

This seems to be the problem. I would buy a canister type if I could find one with a Powered Head.

The standard thai style vacuums just don't clean carpets properly.

Thought about order from Amazon, but then it would be 110 Volt and the maid would surely plug it in to 220 one day.

I also did many a search for an upright vacuum cleaner at all the usual stores in Bangkok, but with no luck. In the end I brought one back from England on my last visit. I just told the airline staff I suffered from OCD, and I retrieved it at Swampy in perfect condition. It is certainly much better at cleaning carpets than the cylinder type, and the one I got is bagless, and is suitable for hard surface floors as well.

Alan

I am surprised that you cannot get a Vax from the UK here but there again the Thai's use a 10 baht brush as the machines used to clean they do not understand. I have had a cylinder machine in my cupboard for 5 years and the wife Thai wife thinks it cuts grass