New Passport Visa Question.

Hi all,

OK, recently my UK passport went through the wash and although this made it quite tatty they still accepted it at immigration with only a recomendation that I renew it. So I did and received my new one this morning.

My question is this; seeing as how my old one is still accepted could I send the new one to Hull Thai consulate in the UK for an O visa (visiting friends) while I remain here using my old passport? When it arrives back I can swap it over.

Thanks for any info.

I'm not from the UK so I'm not 100% sure about the laws there.. but to my knowledge you can't do something like that. I know for me, I can't mail my passport back to the US to get any kind of visa because they state that you must physically be in the US to get it issued. Otherwise I could just keep mailing my passport back home every time I needed a new visa for Thailand.

By law you can not send your passport on a holiday as you are thanking. When you received your new passport your old one was canceled electronically by the UK if you are caught in Thailand with out a valid passport you will be in deep shyt. Which brings up another point you need to go immigration and have your stamps transferred into the new passport.