Who Would You Recommend To Build House In Buriram/Surin Area

Pormax

While the forum rules do not allow names of builders who give poor quality workmanship or try to rip them off, my only option is to ask who would you recommend as a builder in the Buriram/Surin area and what are your experiences. I see on the forum many have had problems in this area and I hope with your help I will find a good builder and not experience the same problems as others. Yes I do understand I may have responses from family/friends of builders trying to drum up business for them but hopefully with enough replies I will have a good idea who one can trust.

Unfortunately there are NO real contractors. Decide what you want to build, what products to use( cement block, Q-Con Block etc..

check with your local constuction store and ....be on site every minute of the day. When your instruction are not followed....make corrections. Dont leave the workers alone.

The largest Home store is not necessarly the best. Buriram has many Constuction stores and they have access to builders...the choice will be yours.

Edited by taurus8

Go to the  Surin Farang Community Forum and you will find on this forum everything you need to know.

In the "House Building Forum" you will find the contacts for "Alan the builder".  Alan, as well, has a picture gallery.

Might be a good starting point.

I will echo what everyone else will say but it's worth emphasizing. Do not hire family, don't give too much money up front or the work will be delayed and check the work every single day. If a corner can be cut, it will be cut. :annoyed: I've learned from some stupid mistakes on smaller projects.

I keep hearing good things about this guy's crew.

Edited by ubonrthai

Unfortunately there are NO real contractors. Decide what you want to build, what products to use( cement block, Q-Con Block etc..

check with your local constuction store and ....be on site every minute of the day. When your instruction are not followed....make corrections. Dont leave the workers alone.

The largest Home store is not necessarly the best. Buriram has many Constuction stores and they have access to builders...the choice will be yours.

Nonsense. Alan the Builder (do a Google search) has many examples of houses built to European standards. You will pay a commensurate price but, as they say - "Up to You".

Similarly, go the Thai route with the usual caveats of cautions. They can work - but usually only if supervised and directed to mmet the standards you require.

Nonsense. Alan the Builder (do a Google search) has many examples of houses built to European standards. You will pay a commensurate price but, as they say - "Up to You".

Similarly, go the Thai route with the usual caveats of cautions. They can work - but usually only if supervised and directed to mmet the standards you require.

Having seen Alan the builder's web site there can be only 1 choice providing you could afford it, peace of mind is everything. personaly I would never buy in Thailand because I could not afford to lose any money, renting for me is far safer.

Having seen Alan the builder's web site there can be only 1 choice providing you could afford it, peace of mind is everything. personaly I would never buy in Thailand because I could not afford to lose any money, renting for me is far safer.

Agree.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what al the hype is about 'alan the builder'. I've sent several emails to him for information and never once received a reply. I think the newbie OP is aka alan the builder trying to drum up business....

Edited by JRinger

First of all thanks to all the members for taking the time to reply. I am very surprised that 'jringer' has had problems having contact with the builder he mentioned because of the many emails i sent i had a reply every time within 24 hours and even when I informed him that his quote was too expensive to what I imagined, he was very good and still emailed me back wishing me luck in my venture. So if money is not a problem then maybe he would be a good builder to do the work. My impression of the guy was that he was a good man but always wants to use the very best of materials and his labour charges was rather on the high side. Other members advice is taken on board and when I do get around (in the new year) to start building a house I intend to rent locally for the time it takes to complete and be on site the majority of the time. My wife to be, used to work with a local builder who lives in the same village and I shall be having a talk to him shortly. At his and my lady's initial talks it was suggested that he order the materials that we choose then I go and pay. We only pay a labour charge for him and his crew. Might be a good option. My lady and her family are very good often questioning why I pay too much money for this or that so I have no problem like so many others with being ripped off in this way.

If' ' j ringer' is referring to me as aka the builder to try and drum up business he is so wrong and maybe not fluent enough in reading English because I had already stated that the price I was quoted by the builder previously mentioned by me and other members, was rather on the expensive side and want to look elsewhere. This builder had without doubt a good reputation but I have heard from a number of sources through my telephone/email/forum enquiries that he was expensive. But there again maybe you do get what you pay for and not need to be on site all the time to watch over things. I will never say bad about anyone or recommend someone unless I have had first hand experience . Maybe once my house has been built I will be in a good position to recommend the builder I use or warn people if I find the work unsatisfactory. On a forum one is looking for sound honest advice.

I will echo what everyone else will say but it's worth emphasizing. Do not hire family, don't give too much money up front or the work will be delayed and check the work every single day. If a corner can be cut, it will be cut. :annoyed: I've learned from some stupid mistakes on smaller projects.

You say you keep hearing good things about alan the builder..What good things? from who, where ? posts from alan by a different name perhaps?

..is there anyone who has had a house built by him that can verify the quality of work and resonable costs? and to date, he still hasn't answered any of my emails. I guess my enquiry for information about a house build of 160 Sqm is too small for him. and to 'Pormax', I read English quite well. In your posts you seem to recommend this guy and how polite and responsive he is etc.,etc., but why not post what sort of prices (per sqm) he replied with that you thought was too high so readers have a better idea before spending/wasting time 'trying' to contact him.

You say you keep hearing good things about alan the builder..What good things? from who, where ? posts from alan by a different name perhaps?

..is there anyone who has had a house built by him that can verify the quality of work and resonable costs? and to date, he still hasn't answered any of my emails. I guess my enquiry for information about a house build of 160 Sqm is too small for him. and to 'Pormax', I read English quite well. In your posts you seem to recommend this guy and how polite and responsive he is etc.,etc., but why not post what sort of prices (per sqm) he replied with that you thought was too high so readers have a better idea before spending/wasting time 'trying' to contact him.

I have personally used Alan The Builder - I am more than happy to promote the service I received from him and his company. You can ask open question or PM me. I do not need to discuss prices as all types of houses in different areas price up differently. Also personal tastes can add or lower the finished price. I found Alan to have a positive attitude to customer service and would certainly obtain a quote from him if I were to think about another build in Thailand. Just as a footnote I was recommended to him by a lawyer in Thaialnd

Edited by phuketvisahelp

I have personally used Alan The Builder - I am more than happy to promote the service I received from him and his company. You can ask open question or PM me. I do not need to discuss prices as all types of houses in different areas price up differently. Also personal tastes can add or lower the finished price. I found Alan to have a positive attitude to customer service and would certainly obtain a quote from him if I were to think about another build in Thailand. Just as a footnote I was recommended to him by a lawyer in Thaialnd

Hello there Guys.

I didn't mention it in my previous post, but I just spotted this.

I actually had my house in Ban Saray Constructed by Alan the Builder.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/331330-building-contractor-needed/page__p__3289570#entry3289570

Here are some Pictures, Great Guy, good communication, and great finished Artictle.

Thanks