Visa Help For An Aussie

I am 37yrs old and living with my thai girlfriend who is 26. I am teaching in Bangkok, I plan to travel back to Australia with her at the end of the school year March 2006. I have a month off from school and start back in May. I figure it is a lengthy process so I want to start getting things organized now. Can anyone advise me on my first steps????

Hi Frog, Check out the Oz Embassy in Bangkok website. There is quite a bit of info there and you can download the App.forms. From what other posters have indicated the new lodging of applications system has slowed down the process so i would put the app. in at least a month before you intend to travel.

Hi Frog, Check out the Oz Embassy in Bangkok website. There is quite a bit of info there and you can download the App.forms. From what other posters have indicated the new lodging of applications system has slowed down the process so i would put the app. in at least a month before you intend to travel.

Cheers Cobber

I am 37yrs old and living with my thai girlfriend who is 26. I am teaching in Bangkok, I plan to travel back to Australia with her at the end of the school year March 2006. I have a month off from school and start back in May. I figure it is a lengthy process so I want to start getting things organized now. Can anyone advise me on my first steps????

what is the background of the applicant ? she might be able to obtain a visa on her own merits if she meets the criteria.