Jerky Picture Watching With Usb

kevc

When I watch movies using usb plugged into my dvd player sometimes the picture starts to stutter for want of a better word and the sound goes out of sync. I'm using a Kingston 4 gig stick if I used one of the faster usb's would it make any difference and also anybody with one of the media boxes do you get the same problem using them as I'm thinking of investing in one.

Thanks.

Jerky movies is probably more a function of the movie encoding (format, resolution etc) and the DVD player hardware than the thumb drive.

I have multiple Popcorn Hours ariound the house for watching movies from a central storage in different rooms.

I rip all my DVD;s to hard disk before watching them.

That way I know that WHEN my family manages to ruin the original disk I still have a good (backed up) copy on my media player.

I had similar problems watching movies from a hard drive connected by USB through my DVD player and then the tv. Sometimes out of synch, sometimes slightly blurred or stuttery picture, sometimes just wouldn't play at all.

Got the WD TV Live now - same hard drive, USB connection to WD and then to tv. No problems at all. Definitely happy with the WD.