Non Imm O To Another Non Imm O

Changing from a Non IMM-O to another Non IMM -O

I have had 5 years of Non Imm O visa's based on marriage. My partner and I have decided to divorce and in 2 months my visa expires. I want to change my Non IMM O based on marriage to Non IMM O multiple entry based on friends and family. I'm a US passport holder.

Questions?

Can I do this at my local immigration office and keep permission to stay valid?

or

Do I leave and get a new Non IMM O multiple entry visa in KL ( or somewhere else) ? :jap: THANKS FOR HELPING!

No Consulate in the area will issue a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa for visiting friends.

Only places that will are Perth Australia which is closing this month.

Or a couple of Consulates in U.K.

Best option would be a double entry tourist visa from Vientienne Laos. Free of charge at the moment.

This would give almost 6 months with extensions and a border run in the middle.

If you are over 50 you will have other options.

It seems you are staying on a one year extension, based on marriage. When the marriage is finished, so is that justification for staying here. Unless you apply for an extension based on some other reason, like work, retirement, etc you will need to exit and apply for another visa. Perth, Australia and Hull in the U. K. are the only places I recall that will issue a one year multi-entry visa for visiting friends or family.

Edited by beechguy

No Consulate in the area will issue a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa for visiting friends.

Only places that will are Perth Australia which is closing this month.

Or a couple of Consulates in U.K.

Best option would be a double entry tourist visa from Vientienne Laos. Free of charge at the moment.

This would give almost 6 months with extensions and a border run in the middle.

If you are over 50 you will have other options.

Are 90 day tourist visas available just as easy in Viet Nam? Laos is getting very boring...