Macbook Pro Screen Dead

ChiangMaiThai

It's official. After 3 months of use, my new 15" MacBook Pro needs a brand new screen. Just shows stripes or flat grey now. iStudio said they will have to order from Singapore. All under warranty, but this really makes me question Apple. I thought this was the greatest thing ever until now. I wonder how mny other people have had to deal with faulty screens. At least the hard drive didn't die like my old HP....

My friend so happy with another Macbook just to discover after a month the first issues (CD/DVD drive never worked-HDD faulty and final stripes in the screen)

I don't say Apple is crap, but IMHO now is by far overvalued from some kind of people.

My 5 years old Compaq notebook never a problem and deep use.

My wife Lenovo laptop 6 YO same.

Things happen to all machines. The good thing is the service and no questions asked. If you where in the USA you would have your computer back in 3 days. I always buy the extra 3 year warranty package with Apple and I would do that with any computer you buy. You can have major things go wrong with computers and paying a extra USA 300 can save you a lot of money. Apple is much better than any window computer-so do not lose heart. Have a good day

The "ordering parts from Singapore" thing is really a problem with Apple service in Thailand. With an ever-increasing user base you kind of wonder why they can't do better than that.

I agree with the above though, things go wrong with laptops, you need the 3 yr extended warranty. You can purchase that at any time during the initial year of ownership (but not after!).

My 17" MacBook Pro has been working perfectly for almost 2 years now and thusly now is the best quality laptop I ever had - for the past 12 years. Previous record holder was an Acer 803 TravelMate (business line, which they now don't make anymore) - this one had zero issues in a year, then I had to return it to my employer as I changed jobs. The MacBook Pro 17 - now 20 months of zero issues - nothing is rattling, nothing is scratched (glass screen really pays off here), this is good as new. For a laptop, that's amazing. Knock on wood

My 13" Mac Book Pro screen started to fail after two days. Called the Apple Store in Singapore and had a new one delivered in 5 days once the old one was received back in Singapore. Hopefully the new one will last a bit longer! I still think Apple are good though.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is almost 10 years old. The screen, hard drive, DVD drive and everything else works fine. The "Y" key is a bit touchy as to how I hit it, but otherwise no problems, I did have to replace the battery once though...