Captiva Or Pajero

triffid

Those be dam_n dark windows. But looks good.

Alpine Ipod cable i am being quoted here 1500... in CM.

Yes, they are really dark indeed. But still OK to park in a very dark underground car park in Bangkok (just did today). 80% on the sides, 60% for the windscreen. Mind you at the Alpine dealer they advertise the Lamina 99% blink.gif

I will try to get the cable cheaper tomorrow, she was supposed to check for me the price (the price given was with installation) and if there was a cable able to charge an Iphone at the same time. I read somewhere it was not possible with this cable... dry.gif. If not I will my Nano with the Alpine system and charge my phone from the cigarette lighter.

Those be dam_n dark windows. But looks good.

Alpine Ipod cable i am being quoted here 1500... in CM.

Yes, they are really dark indeed.ph34r.gif

But still OK to park in a very dark underground car park in Bangkok (just did today) and at night. I chose 80% on the sides, 60% for the windscreen. Mind you at the Alpine dealer they advertise the Lamina 99%!!!

I will try to get the cable cheaper tomorrow, she was supposed to check for me the price (the price given was with installation) and if there was a cable able to charge an Iphone at the same time. I read somewhere it was not possible with this cable... dry.gif. If not I will my Nano with the Alpine system and charge my phone from the cigarette lighter.

Btw, the lady at this shop speaks very good English, might be handy when your Thai is not that good. It is on Sukhumvit 71, between Preedee 12 and Jusco. The service area is inside Preedee 12.

That cable is supposed to charge.

I purchased my KCE-4221 cable from the Alpine supplier in BKK, cost was 2000 Baht, and 300 Baht to fit the cable at my local audio shop. The guy at Alpine BKK informed me if i wish to charge my I-pod i would need adaptor charge unit # KCX-422TR, this adaptor was also 2000 Baht.

That cable is supposed to charge.

I purchased my KCE-4221 cable from the Alpine supplier in BKK, cost was 2000 Baht, and 300 Baht to fit the cable at my local audio shop. The guy at Alpine BKK informed me if i wish to charge my I-pod i would need adaptor charge unit # KCX-422TR, this adaptor was also 2000 Baht.

Same here, I managed to bargain from 2500 down to 2000 with installation, after saying them at 2500 I did not want it rolleyes.gif.

And yes, it charges the Ipod but not the Iphone. Now I need to read the notice to see how to change from Podcast to Music from the Alpine unit, not sure it is possible.

Same here, I managed to bargain from 2500 down to 2000 with installation, after saying them at 2500 I did not want it rolleyes.gif.

And yes, it charges the Ipod but not the Iphone. Now I need to read the notice to see how to change from Podcast to Music from the Alpine unit, not sure it is possible.

:o

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3caee395c1

USD $15 inc. intl shipping...

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

:o

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3caee395c1

USD $15 inc. intl shipping...

Wow, that is good. Does it go in between the cable I have and the Iphone?

Found the reply googling and it does indeed. But that one is dirt cheap, most of other website sells it for 38 or 39USD, or 65USD with the cable. A bit worried I might not get it with the Thai posts... I am checking the price in France since I will be there for a few days in 2 weeks (and one my friend used to be an Alpine dealer s he might still get good prices). wink.gif

After all the debating with myself - fuelled by lots of useful infor by many of you - I plumped for the Pajero 2 wheel drive of the same colour as I see PatLogan did. Will fit the iPod cable/connexion straightaway. I'll decide about the navigator thing later - in the meantime Mitsu are giving me an independent gps, not an Alpine compatible for the Pajero. Other than that and the usual insurance, registration and minor bits and pieces I could squeeze no more than a 15k cash discount.

By the way MRO you seem very informed of these matters and I was wondering if you know what the current Mitsu accessories promotion package is. The big Mitsu dealer on Maejo Road is giving me the insurance and registration, the floor mats, the rain protectors on the windows, and a separate gps unit. Is the rear sensor camera in the current package? I should mention that they are also giving me 15k bht cash discount.

Yes, that's it.

By the way MRO you seem very informed of these matters and I was wondering if you know what the current Mitsu accessories promotion package is. The big Mitsu dealer on Maejo Road is giving me the insurance and registration, the floor mats, the rain protectors on the windows, and a separate gps unit. Is the rear sensor camera in the current package? I should mention that they are also giving me 15k bht cash discount.

There's not current "official" campaign for the Pajero Sport, but most dealers are continuing with September's "Happy in the Rain" promotion which includes insurance, reversing camera and discounted 1.69% interest from Ayudhya.Oh, and a free umbrella :)

The best you'll get is 70K all-up in discounts, but it's not easy - 60k seems more doable upcountry. so it's just a matter of adding it all up and seeing where you're at, e.g.

Tabien Rot: 6k

Insurance: 18k

Weathershields: 2k (genuine)

Floor mats: 1k (genuine)

Tinting: 6k

Rear spoiler for GT 2WD: 4k

Reversing camera: 3k

If you're getting all the above you're talking 40k in extras - so along with 15k discount you're up to 55k.

If you're financing, with Ayudhya's discounted rate, you've definitely cracked the full 70k discount.

Triff, that cable is from Amnuay, fitted - Khuansing quoted me 16-1800 when I dropped in. But I've done a fair bit with him over the years - I will be in there today and will tell him that a farang from a web-board is coming in.

You did well on the package. I (reluctantly) bought from Mae Jo. I got what MRO lists above, plus: registration, handle covers, LED light covers, door floor strips (forget what they're called), car cover and maybe a coupla cheap bits. 1.99% on 7 years.

I asked for discount without extras - 8k. I got 3k back for doing the film elsewhere. So your doing well.

Picked up my English manual yesterday - 250 bt for photocopied version. Try to get that thrown in at least.

Whats the deal on the gps they've given you? Who was your sales person?

If you're getting all the above you're talking 40k in extras - so along with 15k discount you're up to 55k.

If you're financing, with Ayudhya's discounted rate, you've definitely cracked the full 70k discount.

Congrats Triffid, I am sure you will enjoy your ride.

Here is what I had as freebies:

I had the things above (plus under chassis rust protection, not sure if it is a standard, but I am de sure I asked for it after seeing some scary pictures here..), the side visor, the mirror cover with leds, the insect protector, the cargo tray, the scuff plate, and the back monitor.

But no 15K discount, and 5K discount on the Alpine GPS.

I think it is quite similar to the deal you had (and a 1.4% over 4 years after 25% down payment)

Yes, that's it.

There's not current "official" campaign for the Pajero Sport, but most dealers are continuing with September's "Happy in the Rain" promotion which includes insurance, reversing camera and discounted 1.69% interest from Ayudhya.Oh, and a free umbrella :)

The best you'll get is 70K all-up in discounts, but it's not easy - 60k seems more doable upcountry. so it's just a matter of adding it all up and seeing where you're at, e.g.

I'm not getting the reversing camera nor the spoiler - and I'm buying the suv for cash. But that's still a good deal I guess - most of the way to the 70k.

Triff, that cable is from Amnuay, fitted - Khuansing quoted me 16-1800 when I dropped in. But I've done a fair bit with him over the years - I will be in there today and will tell him that a farang from a web-board is coming in.

You did well on the package. I (reluctantly) bought from Mae Jo. I got what MRO lists above, plus: registration, handle covers, LED light covers, door floor strips (forget what they're called), car cover and maybe a coupla cheap bits. 1.99% on 7 years.

I asked for discount without extras - 8k. I got 3k back for doing the film elsewhere. So your doing well.

Picked up my English manual yesterday - 250 bt for photocopied version. Try to get that thrown in at least.

Whats the deal on the gps they've given you? Who was your sales person?

They initially gave me only 5k discount until I got 10k from the other dealer on superhighway and then I went back to squeeze them more - talking directly with the manager/owner. But as I said earlier I didn't get the rear camera, the handle covers, LED light covers nor the spoiler.

The gps is said to be a stand alone thing - portable or installable on another vehicle. I haven't seen it yet.

Re the cable Amnoey quoted me 1800 and wouldn't budge. I hope at least it includes the installation.

Edited by triffid

That's weird - I was in there at midday and told him to expect someone - I told him i'd quoted on a web board 1500. He said fine. I should say Amnuay 2 on the superhighway.

Makes me feel better you got that price without those coupla things, and cash upfront. I was happy enough with that at three visits.

That's weird - I was in there at midday and told him to expect someone - I told him i'd quoted on a web board 1500. He said fine. I should say Amnuay 2 on the superhighway.

Makes me feel better you got that price without those coupla things, and cash upfront. I was happy enough with that at three visits.

Hi Solo

I wasn't clear. I'd been to Amnuay on Superhighway 2 days ago and was quoted the 1800 - before you made the offer to alert them of our referral. I'll try again tomorrow if they're open otherwize monday - I also need to get to put new tinting film put on my old Mazda.

Triffid

I had the film put on today.

I also raised the question of fitting the ipod cable in a couple of days when I will take delivery of my new Pajero. I mentioned a friend who had recommended me to be given the 1500 bht prce. After a little awkwardness about being unable to give your actual name they did agree to 1500 instead of the original 1800 quoted to me. So thanks for that, Solo. By the way will this cable charge the iPod while it is playing?

They're open everyday. If you know what you want film-wise, elsewhere will be cheaper. But for piece of mind, use him.

I had the film put on today.

I also raised the question of fitting the ipod cable in a couple of days when I will take delivery of my new Pajero. I mentioned a friend who had recommended me to be given the 1500 bht prce. After a little awkwardness about being unable to give your actual name they did agree to 1500 instead of the original 1800 quoted to me. So thanks for that, Solo. By the way will this cable charge the iPod while it is playing?

They're open everyday. If you know what you want film-wise, elsewhere will be cheaper. But for piece of mind, use him.

Yes for the Ipod (Nano). But I am still to find out how to browse though music and podcasts from the Alpine unit. Nothing about it in the manual... Only way I found out was to go on my podcasts folder on the Ipod before plugging it. So if somebody knows...

Edited by PatLogan