I Need A New Smartphone

manarak

I need a business smartphone, but none of the devices available on the market appeal to me.

I currently have a samsung 7610, but it has the following problems:

- the interface is slow slow slow

- the keyboard is too small and has not enough keys

- the screen is too small

- the phone often temporarily locks up and becomes unresponsive

- the samsung interface is nice but doesn't display the info I want (like date & time of messages and of calls)

I have an old HTC Universal, also known as Qtek 1000 which would not be bad if it had batter battery life and was more stable. I don't care that it is a bit bulky. It doesn't lock up as often as the Samsung.

My dream features:

- native compatibility with Outlook Contacts and Calendar (this is a must)

- a keyboard like the HTC universal's (with many keys)

- a 800x600 touchscreen

- native WinMo interface

- system stability & good responsiveness

are there any options for a good business smartphone out there?

Have a look at HTC HD2

I need a business smartphone, but none of the devices available on the market appeal to me.

I currently have a samsung 7610, but it has the following problems:

- the interface is slow slow slow

- the keyboard is too small and has not enough keys

- the screen is too small

- the phone often temporarily locks up and becomes unresponsive

- the samsung interface is nice but doesn't display the info I want (like date & time of messages and of calls)

I have an old HTC Universal, also known as Qtek 1000 which would not be bad if it had batter battery life and was more stable. I don't care that it is a bit bulky. It doesn't lock up as often as the Samsung.

My dream features:

- native compatibility with Outlook Contacts and Calendar (this is a must)

- a keyboard like the HTC universal's (with many keys)

- a 800x600 touchscreen

- native WinMo interface

- system stability & good responsiveness

are there any options for a good business smartphone out there?

virtual keyboards drive me nuts - I need to write about 10 to 20 long SMS messages (~300 to 500 chars) a day and using a software keyboard is just too slow.

Edited by manarak

virtual keyboards drive me nuts - I need to write about 10 to 20 long SMS messages (~300 to 500 chars) a day and using a software keyboard is just too slow.

I agree about the keyboard. I bought the HTC Desire and just could not get used to the virtual keyboard although Phil Connors who is always very helpful on this forum suggested Swype but by that time I had sold the phone. http://swypeinc.com/

I find that the Samsung Omnia with its virtual keyboard which allows me to use a pen to compose the text ideal but getting email and accessing the internet is painful.

I tried the iphone3 and found that I could use the virtual keyboard on that a lot better tahn the HTC Desire. However anyone that comes along with a virtual keyboard that allows you to use a pen rather than my old stubby fingers is the one I will go for as long as you can also access email and the internet with some ease.

No Keyboard on the HTC HD2...

The last full-featured Smartphone was the HTC touch Pro 2 and it is already more than 2 years old.

Frustrating!

The Touch Pro2 was released in May 2009. I should know I bought one in June last year and was very happy to have the real keyboard that comes with it.

You're asking for a good Windows Mobile phone. That's impossible.

If you want a good phone, get an iPhone or an Android phone. Personally I wouldn't buy any phone with a physical keyboard, I don't really understand why people think that's a good thing. The iPhones touch keyboard is much better than a physical keyboard:

- Saves space / weight

- Can be switched between different modes - numbers, text, special characters - anything

- Can be switched between different languages - the killer feature for me. I switch to a German keyboard, I get german spell checking / word-completion. Switch to English for the English variety. To Thai for thai - this is impossible with a physical keyboard.

- Unlike the soft keyboards in Windows Mobile (which are total crap, just like most of the OS) the iPhone soft keyboard works as well or better than a physical one.

iPhone has native Outlook compatibility built in these days. Definitely email, and I think calendars, too. Not sure about Android.

Edited by nikster