"Best Hotel" In Nakhon Ratchasima

ubonrthai

not wanting to steal the topic, but would love to know others experiences with the Korat hotels as I will be looking for one in december for a few days while taking the wife and little girl to the zoo and waterpark in town.

GF broke a glass in the bathroom at Sima Thani.

We checked out and went for breakfast at their restaurant in the basement.

We were chased down there by an employee from front desk to urge us to pay an extra 100 Baht for the broken glass.

A hotel who can not support a broken glass without needing to chase their customers will not get my repeat business.

Hermitage or Dusit Princess Korat are next on my list, I sometimes want a night sleep to break my trips, no more Sima Thani.

Hey Ericr.... Before you book any hotels just be aware that Korat Zoo and waterpark are quite a way out from the town.

Obviously you can get taxis down there but just in case you thought they were in the city.

HL :D

Will be driving myself, but was under the impression there was a waterpark near the mall in town?

Hey Ericr.... Before you book any hotels just be aware that Korat Zoo and waterpark are quite a way out from the town.

Obviously you can get taxis down there but just in case you thought they were in the city.

Will be driving myself, but was under the impression there was a waterpark near the mall in town?

There is a swimming pool at the mall but the waterpark is next to the zoo which is a drive away. but if you have your own transport then its no problem at all.

Also while you are down there, there is also the Fossil museum not too far from the zoo which includes a dinasaur museum as well, this is also quite interesting for a visit and will make for a good day out to do all three things on the same day.

not wanting to steal the topic, but would love to know others experiences with the Korat hotels as I will be looking for one in december for a few days while taking the wife and little girl to the zoo and waterpark in town.

Korat Resort is quite nice and is on the zoo road. Good sized swimming pool

I really did try to word this topic in a way that would be obvious I'm not asking for hotel ideas. I'm asking about THE hotel that which is named "The Best".

Does anyone read entire questions? B)

Ok to answer your question the "Best Hotel" is located on highway 304 (also called the Pak Thong Chai highway as that is the way to Pak Thong Chai) about 3 or 4 km south of the junction with highway 2. It is on the right side as you are heading south and is across from the air force base (think noisy). We in Korat call it the "Worst Hotel". Giving it one star would be generous. A friend and his wife ate there one night and there was a dish rag in her club sandwich. Need I say more?

I really did try to word this topic in a way that would be obvious I'm not asking for hotel ideas. I'm asking about THE hotel that which is named "The Best".

It seems that you are the one not reading the posts Ubonrthai....we have all been answering ericr who posed a different question in the second post on this topic..

Whether or not it is correct to hijack someone else's post is not a reason to be sarcastic to everyone on here who has been trying their best to be helpful to all.

Personally I have never heard of the best hotel and so why would I answer to that question. And now Rdrokit informs us that it is not even in Nakhon Ratchasima city, so it is not surprising that no one here has heard of it.

It seems that you are the one not reading the posts Ubonrthai....we have all been answering ericr who posed a different question in the second post on this topic..

Whether or not it is correct to hijack someone else's post is not a reason to be sarcastic to everyone on here who has been trying their best to be helpful to all.

Personally I have never heard of the best hotel and so why would I answer to that question. And now Rdrokit informs us that it is not even in Nakhon Ratchasima city, so it is not surprising that no one here has heard of it.

Happylarry would seem to be less than happy!

The Best Hotel, whilst not in the city centre is close enough to it. Never stayed there although did consider it once. Always seem to be many cars parked outside in the early morning.

To erikr, I would support the advice given by Cardholder. Korat resort is very close to the zoo and waterpark and is an excellent hotel.Note that the water park comes free when you buy zoo tickets. Be careful of the flume - NOT FOR ADULTS!!!

"We were chased down there by an employee from front desk to urge us to pay an extra 100 Baht for the broken glass.

A hotel who can not support a broken glass without needing to chase their customers will not get my repeat business."

I'm curious. What level of breakage is acceptable to you for them to try and get reimbursed from a customer who has broken something?

Would you feel the same way if she had just taken the glass?

Many hotels spell it out, letting you know how much each item in the room will cost you if you decide you want a keepsake, or break it. They've probably had to do that because of the 'never mind' attitude of some of their customers.

I've stayed at the Simi Thani a couple of times and found it very nice.

Ok to answer your question the "Best Hotel" is located on highway 304 (also called the Pak Thong Chai highway as that is the way to Pak Thong Chai) about 3 or 4 km south of the junction with highway 2. It is on the right side as you are heading south and is across from the air force base (think noisy). We in Korat call it the "Worst Hotel". Giving it one star would be generous. A friend and his wife ate there one night and there was a dish rag in her club sandwich. Need I say more?

If that info is correct, I dared stop to have a look at the rooms. Think we were quoted 500 baht, but passed, understand why it would be called "Worst" hotel.

But somewhere same road left side driving South we found an OK hotel, food was lousy though.

Edited by tartempion

sima thani has always been good to me. san sabai near the old bus station is cheapest cheerful place i heard of. under 400b with air. best hotel is handy for the zoo and just up the road to suranari university are three new GOOD restaurants.