Cat Cdma Gps Software Question

sarahsbloke

Ive just spotted this ..

Last Updated: Sep 04, 2010

In order to use GPS with a desktop GPS application such as Microsoft's Streets and Trips, you must first enable GPS on the device, find the configured GPS com port (also referred to as NMEA port) on your desktop (Note port will differ in each desktop) and configure the GPS application to use the GPS com port. The GPS application must be NMEA compliant. Please refer to the Sprint SmartView client for help information.

Note: The device GPS capability was tested for compliance with GPS standards. However the device was not tested with all possible GPS applications available in the market, for question or issues related to your GPS application please use your GPS application guide or contact your GPS application provider.

TL :jap:

Not sure what I'm missing here, but having owned the MC727 modem and read about the MC760 I am left wondering where the GPS comes into it mentioned by both of you? These devices are USB CDMA EVDO modems not GPS receivers?
They are advertised as having a built-in GPS receiver and it appears on my system

Novatel760.jpg

Trying to use Franson GPSGate to forward the Port to Google Earth ..... Franson says no data coming in!

Edited by sarahsbloke