Mailed 90 Day Report Not Returned

I sent my 90 day report by mail to the Chaengwattana office, report date was 13th September and EMS tracker showed it was delivered on 9th September.

I recall a post mentioning they process reports as of due date, but even allowing for this more than 2 weeks have elapsed, which seems unusual to me.

Does anyone know if returns are taking longer nowadays?

Is there a telephone contact number I could call to check what happened?

I'd appreciate any advice on how to proceed as it is quite a journey from where I stay in Bangkok and it would be helpful if I could settle this without going to the office.

My last 90 day report was due in July - and I decided to try by post for the first time.

I had to report on 24th July. I posted the documents on 16th; and had a reply on 30th July - so It took exactly 2 weeks for the reply from the Immigration Division.

I also wonder what to do if no reply arrives. A colleague says it hasn't gone wrong in 5 years.

My last report was due on Sep., 20 and I got it back on Sep., 24 (Chaengwattana office), the fastest ever. Usually it takes now 1-2 weeks if there are no holidays.

First thing you should ask yourself is if you are sure that you sent all documents as required and the return envelope had at least 10 Baht stamps on it. They will NOT CALL you if something is missing!

A couple of years ago it happened to me with Suan Pluh that the mail did not get back to me after one month! Called them and after checking their ledger they confirmed it had been mailed 10 days before my call and said it must have been lost in the mail. Strange thing was that two days after my call the return mail arrived. Obviously Immigration fouled up somewhere along the line.

IF it is really lost in the mail (this can happen here in Thailand!) call them (record the name of the person you talk to!) and verify that they issued and mailed the new report slip. If you have copies of your previous slip and EMS evidence then don't worry. Just send them along with your next report and add a small note (if possible in Thai) explaining what happened and give the name of the person you talked to on the phone.

I don't have the new phone numbers but just call the main number and ask for section reporting 90 days by mail.

opalhort

My typical turnaround is 10 days. REMEMBER if something goes wrong you are still responsible for reporting. If you sit back and say oh it's been 3 weeks and then 4 weeks, you are responsible for the fine that will incur. Although through post is easy there is a margin of error.

As advised, I called Immigration yesterday (Tel: 02-141 9889, Menu 1 for English, Menu 2 for Address Reporting) and was asked for details of when I mailed my report, when delivered and reporting due date, as well as for my phone number. I was told they would check and call me back.

Did not hear from them so I called again today and left the same particulars. This time I got a call back and was told that my report was processed on due date and mailed back to me the next day (14th September), and my next report is due 11th December. Unfortunately there was a bit of a struggle telling me what to do next as my Thai is pretty lame, so the lady asked me to call back in a hour and she would arrange for someone more fluent in English to help me.

I did that and the officer told me that they would send me the acknowledgement once again. I was asked for my full address, and told that if I do not receive the acknowledgement in a reasonable time, I should call again. As ThaiRich noted, having proof of posting and sitting quiet is not an option Immigration will accept.

I must say the staff were pretty patient and helpful, and I'm pleased to have this load off my mind.

Thanks opalhort for your helpful advice.