Are You Scared Of Thais ?

sillyman99

Iv'e seen really big Farangs back down from diminutive Thai guys.

I see people on this forum slag Thai people off, safely, anonymously, but in real life ?

Maybe Thai people take advantage of Farangs because Farangs are such pussies and its too easy.

I'll tell you something that happened to me, I saw a Thai guy beating the shit out of a dog, I took my hammer, went outside, challenged him, and guess what, he stopped beating the dog and fecked off. ( The dog eventually died from the beating )

He lived 3 doors from me and never ever gave me a problem.

The local Thais thought I was crazy and left me alone.

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your sh!ttin me.

Aren't you a tough guy then.

What a nobbish thing to post.

PM me , I'll discus it with you in real life.

Sir

Most SMART PEOPLE usually avoid thai confrontation not because they are pussies as you say, but usually because it ends up with multiple thais joining in and beating the living shiit out of you, and it don't matter how tough you think you are you will lose with a gang of thais beating on ya.

Seen it too many times even thai on thai, thai on farang it turns into a free for all when all thais join in and some poor sod gets to visit the hospital.

DK

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

I'll tell you something that happened to me, I saw a Thai guy beating the shit out of a dog, I took my hammer, went outside, challenged him, and guess what, he stopped beating the dog and fecked off. ( The dog eventually died from the beating )

The Game's not over yet!

The Game's not over yet!

biggrin.gif

Was it a sledge hammer? Carpenter's hammer? Or perhaps one of those little archeological hammers used for breaking pebbles?

The reason I ask is that running around with some types of hammers could make you look a little foolish.

Your sh!ttin me.

Sir

Most SMART PEOPLE usually avoid thai confrontation not because they are pussies as you say, but usually because it ends up with multiple thais joining in and beating the living shiite out of you.

DK

Oh really, I was the only Farang in the Soi, and nothing happened to me. I confronted him and I never had a problem after that confrontation.

I was labelled as the crazy Farang, and everybody left me alone.

Edited by sillyman99

Your sh!ttin me.

Sir

Most SMART PEOPLE usually avoid thai confrontation not because they are pussies as you say, but usually because it ends up with multiple thais joining in and beating the living shiite out of you.

DK

Oh really, I was the only Farang in the Soi, and nothing happened to me.

Try it in a bar area or a busy area not in a little quiet soi where everyone considers you a nutter.

You sound like a real tough guy and I'm just a pussy :jap: so I will bow out at this point cause your scaring me

have a nice evening.

DK

Edited by DiamondKing

Wait for the right time, he will come back with some friend of him (coward!), possibly when drunk, to confront you again. He lost the face and he will to regain his face.

Be careful...

And, yes, usually I'm scared of Thais (most of).

Your sh!ttin me.

Sir

DK

Oh really, I was the only Farang in the Soi, and nothing happened to me. I confronted him and I never had a problem after that confrontation.

I was labelled as the crazy Farang, and everybody left me alone.

The number of times, in all the years I've been here, I've heard 'Ooer, never front a Thai up, they'll 'ave ya) even the Thais themselves say this to me.

Good for you. I would have done exactly the same thing (although perhaps before the dog actually sustained enough injuries to expire).:huh:

I've had an occasional and warranted confrontation with some of the locals and they've always backed down (addendum: would never pick a meaningless fight such as the price of a tuk tuk fare. Stupid. Ask first).

The Thais are the wussiest nation on the face of the Earth, closely followed by the Italians and the Dutch.

Edited by evanson

I wonder if I should post this as it is a bit racey and people are going to wonder how I can admit to this, but what the heck, here goes. Back in the 90's I had the hots for this really cute girl that I had met in Phuket. She had her eye on a Thai male. I admit that he was better looking than me and certainly was in great shape, plus he was a pilot and an engineer with an electric personality. (If you know engineers, you know they are usually dull drunks.) Anyway, I find out she breaks up with him and so off I go to make my move hoping to capitalize upon the rule of relationships: The Rebound Rule.

Finally get her alone for a night out and we get to talking and I'm doing my best concerned guy listening about the past relationship. Everything about the guy was fantastic. I'm starting to feel slightly intimidated, after all, if she could walk away from the most perfect guy around, how was I going to measure up? After a few glasses of wine (Another rule of courtship: Pour enough wine done the person's gullet and the truth comes out.), she lets out that she couldn't take it anymore. His sexual appetite was insatiable and he was very endowed to the point that she hurt. Ut oh, I am thinking to myself, a young man's worse nightmare- being compared to the ex, And then came the total ego deflater that went something along the line of "He's so big, and powerful it's scarey. Well at least I won't have to worry about that with you hahaha". Yowza. How the heck would she know. Do girls compare notes, do they have a scorecard? And then some more wine and chit chat and more comparisons to guys start falling out and I'm wondering what the heck I got myself into, she's the equivalent of a meat processor, a bonafide man eater that would have sliced and diced my heart like a tomato.

Yup, so yes, some Thais can be both intimidating and scarey.

Oh and I never consumated the relationship. She took up with an Australian guy shortly thereadter (actually the next night) that I think she shredded after a couple days and then, she moved on to a tour of EU's finest and brightest pole men. Never knew what happened to her. I suppose she's still devouring men, or maybe she's settled down, gotten fat and spat out a couple kids

Dunno, but I escaped her claws and have continued a stellar career as a very important pusher of paper.

• Like 2

My advice Sillyman - Real life is not like the Internet.

If your Thai foe here comes back and wipes you out you can't just log in and get another username.

Well that will throw him out then.

Take care sillyman, many a silly man has bit the dust in LOS.

The vast majority of Thais will back away from any confrontation. People who come out with nonsense like 'never confront a Thai or you'll be facing 20 of his friends with knives' probably spend most of their time in the nightlife areas where gangs of Thai men provide security and will of course rush in to support each other. In normal Thai society, that isn't the way disputes are resolved.

Actually I think the odds are probably (broad sweeping generalization alert) only a little worse than most 'bad' neighborhoods in your own country. It's certainly not a guarantee that any action you make here will result in a vendetta (whether immediate or drawn out) type situation that will involve stabbing weapons or firearms or large groups of people injuring you/ending your life in a burning tire type deal.

Most of the murders are Thai on Thai crime so you probably don't have much to worry about if you mostly mind your own business and limit your outbursts to the 'gang' working at Au Bon Pain and not the one driving around the local 'ob bor tor' governor. Some may argue that the murder rate of foreigners is going up, but so is the foreign population. Some may feel that locals have a better read on 'place in hierarchy' for foreigners than they used to, and if you're in the same "class" as the local lowlifes, then you're probably not going to be given a pass. Same goes for any situation where you rub someone who is higher than you the wrong way, they know that there's a 94% chance that your most powerful connection is knowing some of the local internet forum moderators.

I think much of the disinformation, or rather dated information comes from the older generation of expats who were here when Thailand was around #3 or #4 in the world for a few years running for firearms (or was it murder in general) murder rate. Now we're much much lower. Top 20 at best. :)

:)

• Like 1

Actually I think the odds are probably (broad sweeping generalization alert) only a little worse than most 'bad' neighborhoods in your own country. It's certainly not a guarantee that any action you make here will result in a vendetta (whether immediate or drawn out) type situation that will involve stabbing weapons or firearms or large groups of people injuring you/ending your life in a burning tire type deal.

Most of the murders are Thai on Thai crime so you probably don't have much to worry about if you mostly mind your own business and limit your outbursts to the 'gang' working at Au Bon Pain and not the one driving around the local 'ob bor tor' governor. Some may argue that the murder rate of foreigners is going up, but so is the foreign population. Some may feel that locals have a better read on 'place in hierarchy' for foreigners than they used to, and if you're in the same "class" as the local lowlifes, then you're probably not going to be given a pass. Same goes for any situation where you rub someone who is higher than you the wrong way, they know that there's a 94% chance that your most powerful connection is knowing some of the local internet forum moderators.

I think much of the disinformation, or rather dated information comes from the older generation of expats who were here when Thailand was around #3 or #4 in the world for a few years running for firearms (or was it murder in general) murder rate. Now we're much much lower. Top 20 at best. :)

:)

Hope you're right Heng.

I would never, ever dream of seriously annoying a Thai because the possible consequencies aren't worth it.

Mind you, if I ever saw ANYONE seriously attacking one of my dogs, I'd be out there (weaponless) going for their throat!

• Like 1

The number of times, in all the years I've been here, I've heard 'Ooer, never front a Thai up, they'll 'ave ya) even the Thais themselves say this to me.

So all the Thais you know speak in a camp Cockney accent? :D

I’m not scared of Thai guys, just wary of them, especially those that attack you mob handed.

I recall an incident some years ago when a farang confronted a Thai guy who’d done something he shouldn’t have and the police were called.

A full two years later the Thai guy lay in wait and pumped three bullets into him.

Are you a Silly-man or a silly-boy?

What ever you are I suggest you watch your back.