Database Error!

Jockstar

Keep getting this messge now and again. Is there work going on to the forum?

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

mySQL error code:

Date: Sunday 24th of July 2005 05:36:48 PM

Exactly Tom. When you see that it means usually one of two things. Either there is maintainence happening or the info you are trying to load is being accessesed my too many people at once as can happen during breaking news occasionally. Usually goes away in a couple minutes.

cv

Exactly Tom. When you see that it means usually one of two things. Either there is maintainence happening or the info you are trying to load is being accessesed my too many people at once as can happen during breaking news occasionally. Usually goes away in a couple minutes.

cv

Cool. Cheers!

I've changed the title to "Database Error" (before, it was just "Error"). I presume that's what you've been getting as I've been getting it a h3ll of a lot today... quite often right on the hour. :o

It is happening a lot lately and often will not clear by itself on my computer. I can hit refresh or go to home page but still get the error message and seemingly no attempt to refresh status. Can get via backdoor method of going to the previous good page in "back" history and clicking on it. That page comes up and can then click Thailand Forum and get back in. Ain't computers fun. :o

most likely, MySQL server just cannot hold more that a few requests from clients and shortly hangs on time out.

in English - the forum hosted on budget server, shared with some other web-sites and forums, and due to overload - hangs.

very annoying. I might suggest to move or upgrade to something better and more powerful, there are more google Ads on the forum, I guess now can afford it.

most likely, MySQL server just cannot hold more that a few requests from clients and shortly hangs on time out.

in English - the forum hosted on budget server, shared with some other web-sites and forums, and due to overload - hangs.

very annoying. I might suggest to move or upgrade to something better and more powerful, there are more google Ads on the forum, I guess now can afford it.

This is hardly a budget server, and as for the ads, the more you read the less we need.

cv

• 2 weeks later...

I think maybe a lot of people couldn't get on; like everyone. I got up about three, cause I couldn't sleep and found 5 pages of new posts. I finished reading just after four. When I clicked on to new posts at 08.03 this morning there were two posts. 04.04 and 04.03. Saved me a lot of reading. :o a minute later I got a post. So the whole system was down from 04.04 this morning, to 08.04. Exactly four hours.

. Exactly four hours.

Yes I know...... funny thing is I managed to get exactly four hours work done here in the office.... :D

totster :D

:D

I know what you mean totster... sometimes a TV outage is what some of us need... :o