Butane Lighter Fuel In Bangkok ?

HermosaBeachGuy

Only place I know for sure is in the small market area under the northside of the bridge over the klong at Prakanong. Get off the BTS at Prakanong take the exit on the left going towards On Nut walk towards On Nut , cross over Soi 71 and keep walking until you reach the klong 300m. Turn around and walk 25-50m back and look.

I could be flippant and say anywhere which is not far from the truth but exactly which anywhere is the key. Have a walk down Sukhumvit between soi 5 and 11 etc check stalls that sell lighters. Or pop into Foodland on Soi 5 .

I spent many weeks wandering the hardware shops of Bangkok looking (in vain) for lighter gas only to find that - in Thailand - this is something you buy at the pharmacy. Probably not Boots or Watsons - but most of the smaller pharmacies stock lighter gas - in the Sukhumvit area anyway.

Thanks, tried Foodland, even asked them. Also the lighter stalls seem to only sell lighters, not fuel, but I will ask. If you're certain about the market near Prakanong, I'll head there during my off days from work. Thanks much.

Only place I know for sure is in the small market area under the northside of the bridge over the klong at Prakanong. Get off the BTS at Prakanong take the exit on the left going towards On Nut walk towards On Nut , cross over Soi 71 and keep walking until you reach the klong 300m. Turn around and walk 25-50m back and look.

I could be flippant and say anywhere which is not far from the truth but exactly which anywhere is the key. Have a walk down Sukhumvit between soi 5 and 11 etc check stalls that sell lighters. Or pop into Foodland on Soi 5 .

wow, would not have guessed. Is "lighter gas" the name they would know (as opposed to Butane)?

Thanks much.

I spent many weeks wandering the hardware shops of Bangkok looking (in vain) for lighter gas only to find that - in Thailand - this is something you buy at the pharmacy. Probably not Boots or Watsons - but most of the smaller pharmacies stock lighter gas - in the Sukhumvit area anyway.

So, I had a look last night, and it turns out that you can buy butane from many of the street vendors along Sukhumvit. It only took me being pointed at them. Of course, they call it "lighter gas" on the packages.

Thanks all for the assist.

Thanks, tried Foodland, even asked them. Also the lighter stalls seem to only sell lighters, not fuel, but I will ask. If you're certain about the market near Prakanong, I'll head there during my off days from work. Thanks much.

• 12 years later...