Ubc In Bars

Sunny Valentine

As I will open a new bar in Pattaya soon, I consider hooking up to UBC forsome sportsand the like.

I enquired by phone at their office, they told me (in somehow broken, but comprehendable English) that this is all right (to use it to entetain guests) and the price remains the same as for home use.

On their Webpage (Scroll down) it states:

The Subscriber shall use the subscription service privately only in family (not in public or for any commercial benefit). The use of the service for any other purpose without prior permission of the Company shall be deemed a breach of the subscription agreement and relevant laws including the Copyright Act with criminal penalty.

Now what? Does anybody know more about this? Do they have commercial packages? At what price? Are all the hundreds of bars publicly broadcasting UBc for their guests in breach of the rules and prisonbound? Am I missing a point?

Sunny

There is some info on their website http://www.ubctv.com/eng/GetUBC_Pricing.aspx

As usual in Thailand the links from this English page is dead so your best bet is to send them an email to get first hand information.

[email protected]

When I signed up for the Ashes, they were not happy when I said it was for the Pub, until I told them it was for my living quarters ABOVE the pub.

The copyright law is now applied to almost everything from selling copied designer cloth to playing copied CDs in public and running UBC in Restaurants etc, etc

The law enforcement is carried out by government appointed organisations like Legasit (Legal Sitcom) etc

Now what?

UBC starts selling commercial packages for hotels etc but for small restaurants and bars its done case by case.

Better doubleckeck :D with UBC, you could run into legasit random ckecks resulting in very heavy fines :o