At Samat?

prairieoyster

Hi

Has anyone ever been to the village of At Samat? It is just of Roi Et. I would be interested to hear about?

Oyster

It is 30 km south west of Roi et. A very sleepy :o Isaan village. Next shops, restaurants, accomodation etc etc in Roi-et.

Hi

Has anyone ever been to the village of At Samat? It is just of Roi Et. I would be interested to hear about?

Oyster

It is 30 km south west of Roi et. A very sleepy :D Isaan village. Next shops, restaurants, accomodation etc etc in Roi-et.

Sorry to be pedantic Roi-Et local boy, but more like 35 kms southeast from Roi-Et, as wouldn't want Oyster to go off at a tangent. :o On the road to Phanom Phrai, which has the next best rocket festival after Yasothon, so I'm told. Usually around May or early June.

Atsamat is a bit on the sleepy side, but then so are most Isaan amphurs (districts) for most of the time, but they come to life during festivals and when there's a new farang in town. :D If you throw too much money and booze around on your first visit, then you will have set the benchmark for all future visits, so go easy, smile a lot, let the old ladies pinch your armhair, suss out the inlaws and enjoy! :D

Thanks

I don't have a Thai wife but I did come close to it with a lady who was from At Samat. She has returned to the village(forever?) now and I cannot email her as there is no internet there. I was hoping someone might have some pics of the village or knew any falangs who might live in the area.

Thanks

oyster