Whats Hua Hin Like To Live ?

SausageKing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of my friends have visited Hua Hin and both agreed it is rather dull and boring, OK for a sightseeing trip but nothing more.

Thanks for you info and maybe he should take a look a few citys first. I settled in chiang mai and like it here because has all you could need,good schools for the kids and good for shopping but the air here is a bit dirty. Rob.

Two of my friends have visited Hua Hin and both agreed it is rather dull and boring, OK for a sightseeing trip but nothing more.

Plenty of things to do and cheaper then everywhere else as well, but if you want to get shit faced in A Go Go bars everynight and spend a fortune then try a hel_l hole like Pattaya. I'm in my early 20s and still in the partying life style and still had an amazing time when i was living there. In the day, things I would do in the day (Thai Boxing / Cinemas / Beaches / Eating out etc) and in the night you have plenty of things to do from watching thai boxing and good night markets to bars, night clubs, karokes and such (You don't have to go home till 7, 8am). So whats so bad about it? I did this for 4 months every night and never got bored of it, after about 2 days and weekends in Bangkok, Pattaya and such I was ready to go back to HH.

Not so boring as Yogi say ..... certain not to compare with Pattaya. I live here 3 years and if you know it have his charme, high security because is kings family second residence here, but all depend what you seek. Best go surf in (Link to competing forum removed per forum rules) and you maybe find what you request

Edited by hhfarang

Pleasant, friendly, clean, good food, enough falangs to make some friends, poon if you want it.

Visitors say its boring. Who cares what they think, residents don't.

3 bedroom house prices vary just like anywhere else in the world. 2.5 million+

Edited by johnnyk

Plenty of things to do and cheaper then everywhere else as well, but if you want to get shit faced in A Go Go bars everynight and spend a fortune then try a hel_l hole like Pattaya. I'm in my early 20s and still in the partying life style and still had an amazing time when i was living there. In the day, things I would do in the day (Thai Boxing / Cinemas / Beaches / Eating out etc) and in the night you have plenty of things to do from watching thai boxing and good night markets to bars, night clubs, karokes and such (You don't have to go home till 7, 8am). So whats so bad about it? I did this for 4 months every night and never got bored of it, after about 2 days and weekends in Bangkok, Pattaya and such I was ready to go back to HH.

More mis-information by this yo yo

Cheaper than everywhere else, dont think so, houses to buy or rent among the most expensive in Thailand, you can buy a Sam Miguel beer for 50 baht all day and night in the centre of Pattaya, they charge 80 to 110 baht in the silly little bars in Hua Hin.

Thai Boxing not everyones cup of Tea 600 baht entrance fee.

Cinemas, should be Cinema as there is only one and in Thai language only.

Beach is nice.

Eating out, nothing unusual there.

Markets same old crap.

Two nights in Bangkok and Pattaya and ready to go home to Hua Hin, what crap.

Hua Hin is what it is, a Town on the Beach that offers limited tourist attractions for a sleepy holiday.

Edited by alina

Not so boring as Yogi say ..... certain not to compare with Pattaya. I live here 3 years and if you know it have his charme, high security because is kings family second residence here, but all depend what you seek. Best go surf in (Link to competing forum removed per forum rules) and you maybe find what you request

little bit bad hhfarang cancel the link, it was only a informative tourist link which give answer to most question same as one from

TAT etc. ..... I stop help others with good infos

Cheaper than everywhere else, dont think so, houses to buy or rent among the most expensive in Thailand, you can buy a Sam Miguel beer for 50 baht all day and night in the centre of Pattaya, they charge 80 to 110 baht in the silly little bars in Hua Hin.

Beach is nice.

Markets same old crap.

Hua Hin is what it is, a Town on the Beach that offers limited tourist attractions for a sleepy holiday.

You're such a bell end on so many levels, hate to think how much you would have to pay your thai wife ....

I've never paid 110bht for any beer inside HH, someone was making a mug out of you. And if you would rather live in that shit hole called Pattaya and drink cheap beer in some crappy bar then fair play. Then again I can make friends with people and don't pay bar prices, I pay 7 eleven prices for alco and a lil tip or mixers to the bar.

And the food out is much much cheaper then places like Phuket and Pattaya, so what crack are you on?

Too many people dont take the time to explore Hua Hin and the surrounding areas or go on advice from someone that visited there 5 or more years ago.....Hua Hin has everything you could wish for, plenty of daytime activities and a great nightlife that goes on until 8am and longer......as for prices, land is expensive but some good deals on rentals at the moment....and you can get San Mig for 50baht, buy 2 get 1 free, so thats 100 baht for 3 bottles......some bars in bintabaht may charge 100baht plus, but hey go to Phuket, BKK etc and its more than that..Logistically it is excellent, you can get all the way to Penang or anywhere in the South of Thailand, BKK is only a 2 hour drive, and North/Issan has buses direct to Chaing Mai, Surin, Korat.....best seafood in Thailand,...I get fresh crab for 80Baht a Kilo...was in Samui a few months back and it was 300 for small crabs......just ask yourself why so many longterm expats are moving to this area from samui and Phuket???

Beach is nice.

Markets same old crap.

You're such a bell end on so many levels, hate to think how much you would have to pay your thai wife ....

I've never paid 110bht for any beer inside HH, someone was making a mug out of you. And if you would rather live in that shit hole called Pattaya and drink cheap beer in some crappy bar then fair play. Then again I can make friends with people and don't pay bar prices, I pay 7 eleven prices for alco and a lil tip or mixers to the bar.

And the food out is much much cheaper then places like Phuket and Pattaya, so what crack are you on?

To Loser Sam666

I dont have a wife, have 2 stunning girlfriends, out of your league as u are looking for 5k month accomadation in the high season, go live near the piers with a fan room, he he.

Hilton and Jean Pier (Karaoke bars) both charge in excess of 110 baht, many bars on Bintabaht charge 90 baht.

You make friends with people your own ilke, backpackers and people on a budget. I have a guest house in the grounds of my house in Palm Hills I would offer it to you but doubt you could afford the Tuk Tuk rates to town 300 baht.

Food depends where u go, u are welcome to the markets and street vendors, I prefer quality.

Bye

Edited by alina

To Loser Sam666

I dont have a wife, have 2 stunning girlfriends, out of your league as u are looking for 5k month accomadation in the high season, go live near the piers with a fan room, he he.

Hilton and Jean Pier (Karaoke bars) both charge in excess of 110 baht, many bars on Bintabaht charge 90 baht.

You make friends with people your own ilke, backpackers and people on a budget. I have a guest house in the grounds of my house in Palm Hills I would offer it to you but doubt you could afford the Tuk Tuk rates to town 300 baht.

Food depends where u go, u are welcome to the markets and street vendors, I prefer quality.

Bye

I think we have a Walter Mitty here......................

This comes up a lot.

I agree with most of the positive posts about the city. It's a beautiful sea-side resort that a lot of Thais use for weekend retreats. It can be a little quiet, but that depends on what you're looking for. If you're a golfer, it offers many courses.

I wouldn't say it's any cheaper than most other places, but that also depends on where you go.

It's a very safe environment.

I moved here 6 months ago. I made a very bad mistake.

I have lived in Thailand for several years and this is the most uninspired I have ever been. Its a boring 'one trick pony' town with very little to do. Sure, a certain revered person lives here but that is of no use to me... And as for the sodding relentless references to the train station, can someone please tell me what I am missing? Every street has some type of half arsed reference to the train station and market stalls everywhere sell crap t shirts and souveneres celebrating this building. It was one of the first places I checked out and as far as I can determine, its a very colourfull shed smaller than my house. And therin lies a glaring hint: Any place that boasts a train station and a palace which no one has ever seen must surely be avoided.

Restaurants: for the most part they are the same as everywhere else in Thailand. Thats not a bad thing of course, but there is nothing here that should be boasted about on a grand scale. The one good thing is the tourist market area that has some nice fish restaurants. You need to eat a lot of fish.

Bars: Rubbish. Soi Bintaban and area is the main place for bars. Out of maybe 100 bars there is possibly two that have made anything close to an effort. The rest of them are very basic beer bars with crap furniture and very, very, very ugly women, retired SAS captains and active MI5 spies. If anyone reading this has been to the bar area of Udon Thani, picture that scene basicly. I once posted about this before and got attacked for having little do do in life aside from wanting a nice bar. The fact is I am a single bloke. If I had a Mrs and kids, I would be pretty content to do other stuff but I am not. So when I am not working, it would be nice just a few nights a week to hang around in a bar with some good looking women and some sound blokes to have a laugh with. I have scoured Hua Hin and have found nothing even close. Someone recently suggested a place called Johnny Walkers whcih I gues I will check out but Im not holding any hope.

Aside from Bintaban, there are many ex pat bars dotted around the city but they are pretty dead. They mainly consist of townhouses with a shop front that some retired bloke has converted into a 'bar' to serve chang to his mates. I have been to a couple. Bobbys springs to mind as does Bob and Noks. Im sure you all know someone back home who has put a small formica covered bar in there garage in order to escape the nagging Mrs? Picture that but include a few retired blokes with very old jokes and boring golf anicdotes.

Disco: Hilton for Ferangs. The band is ok for a laugh but its expensive and full of old blokes either dancing like your drunken dad at a wedding or standing motionless, waiting for a freelancer to talk to them.

Ex-pats: Old. And a fair shair of pretty full on criminals. Check out Andrew Drumonds site for worryingly regular updates on retired crims who have just beat the crap out of some guy over a disputed land and house deal.

Land and House: Expensive to buy or rent.

Beach: I have a real issue with the main HH beach. Litteraly every couple of minutes you see a washed up jelly fish and the rubbish can often be out of control. What is it with Roi Haa Sip and Red Bull bottles littering the beach? Samui, Phuket, Krabi etc have nice beaches but more importantly, they are fun. They are actualy frequented by people who sunbathe, chill out, throw a frisby, float on a lilo...... HH beaches have none of this. You may see the occasional couple strolling along but realy they are baron. And I dont mean baron in an idilic way I mean baron in a 'no one wants to go there' way.

Locals: To me, they seem jaded with ferangs. I dont mean rude i just mean... Jaded. Indiferent. Cant be bothered.

Shopping: Market Village. I dont get it. The place looks amazing from the outside and its glitzy inside but what is there to actualy buy? I mean realy - answer that for me. What is there in this place that offers anything even close to say, Siam Paragon in BKK? It looks like Paragon. Its not that much smaller than Paragon. Its raved about like it is Paragon. But once inside it offers little. A Kodac shop. A Homebase. lots of clothes shops geared mainly in my opinion towards Thais. A KFC. A Sizzlers. This is No Lincoln Avenue or Oxford Street so please everyone, stop raving about it like it is just that.

Villa supermarket is ok if you need ferang food but expect to pay double the price of Foodland in BKK.

Maybe I am just tired of Thailand. I dont know.... I still think Samui and Phuket offers more and I am very seriously thinking about moving there. For me, it hasnt worked out.

Please dont bash me for this. Its my opinion and I am entitled to it.

I have lived in Thailand for several years and this is the most uninspired I have ever been. Its a boring 'one trick pony' town with very little to do. Sure, a certain revered person lives here but that is of no use to me... And as for the sodding relentless references to the train station, can someone please tell me what I am missing? Every street has some type of half arsed reference to the train station and market stalls everywhere sell crap t shirts and souveneres celebrating this building. It was one of the first places I checked out and as far as I can determine, its a very colourfull shed smaller than my house. And therin lies a glaring hint: Any place that boasts a train station and a palace which no one has ever seen must surely be avoided.

Restaurants: for the most part they are the same as everywhere else in Thailand. Thats not a bad thing of course, but there is nothing here that should be boasted about on a grand scale. The one good thing is the tourist market area that has some nice fish restaurants. You need to eat a lot of fish.

Bars: Rubbish. Soi Bintaban and area is the main place for bars. Out of maybe 100 bars there is possibly two that have made anything close to an effort. The rest of them are very basic beer bars with crap furniture and very, very, very ugly women, retired SAS captains and active MI5 spies. If anyone reading this has been to the bar area of Udon Thani, picture that scene basicly. I once posted about this before and got attacked for having little do do in life aside from wanting a nice bar. The fact is I am a single bloke. If I had a Mrs and kids, I would be pretty content to do other stuff but I am not. So when I am not working, it would be nice just a few nights a week to hang around in a bar with some good looking women and some sound blokes to have a laugh with. I have scoured Hua Hin and have found nothing even close. Someone recently suggested a place called Johnny Walkers whcih I gues I will check out but Im not holding any hope.

Aside from Bintaban, there are many ex pat bars dotted around the city but they are pretty dead. They mainly consist of townhouses with a shop front that some retired bloke has converted into a 'bar' to serve chang to his mates. I have been to a couple. Bobbys springs to mind as does Bob and Noks. Im sure you all know someone back home who has put a small formica covered bar in there garage in order to escape the nagging Mrs? Picture that but include a few retired blokes with very old jokes and boring golf anicdotes.

Disco: Hilton for Ferangs. The band is ok for a laugh but its expensive and full of old blokes either dancing like your drunken dad at a wedding or standing motionless, waiting for a freelancer to talk to them.

Ex-pats: Old. And a fair shair of pretty full on criminals. Check out Andrew Drumonds site for worryingly regular updates on retired crims who have just beat the crap out of some guy over a disputed land and house deal.

Beach: I have a real issue with the main HH beach. Litteraly every couple of minutes you see a washed up jelly fish and the rubbish can often be out of control. What is it with Roi Haa Sip and Red Bull bottles littering the beach? Samui, Phuket, Krabi etc have nice beaches but more importantly, they are fun. They are actualy frequented by people who sunbathe, chill out, throw a frisby, float on a lilo...... HH beaches have none of this. You may see the occasional couple strolling along but realy they are baron. And I dont mean baron in an idilic way I mean baron in a 'no one wants to go there' way.

Locals: To me, they seem jaded with ferangs. I dont mean rude i just mean... Jaded. Indiferent. Cant be bothered.

Shopping: Market Village. I dont get it. The place looks amazing from the outside and its glitzy inside but what is there to actualy buy? I mean realy - answer that for me. What is there in this place that offers anything even close to say, Siam Paragon in BKK? It looks like Paragon. Its not that much smaller than Paragon. Its raved about like it is Paragon. But once inside it offers little. A Kodac shop. A Homebase. lots of clothes shops geared mainly in my opinion towards Thais. A KFC. A Sizzlers. This is No Lincoln Avenue or Oxford Street so please everyone, stop raving about it like it is just that.

Villa supermarket is ok if you need ferang food but expect to pay double the price of Foodland in BKK.

Maybe I am just tired of Thailand. I dont know.... I still think Samui and Phuket offers more and I am very seriously thinking about moving there. For me, it hasnt worked out.

Totally agree with the comment about SAS and Spooks.....never met so many in my life befor but we all know they are full of crap and were probably stacking shelves in Tescos back home......I really dont know what Phuket or Samui have to offer that Hua Hin hasnt, in fact Hua Hin has a lot more...I lived and worked both in Phuket and Samui and felt so trapped and bored with the same environment with nothing much to do, and what you could do was far more expensive than Hua Hin.....take a look at the bars in Pak Nam Pram, Bang Kwai or Cha am for a change...hey, BKK is only a few hours away, its great for a day out on your days off and only costs a few hundred Baht there and back, something you wouldnt be able to do if you stayed in Samui or Phuket unless you want to pay $$$$$$$ on flights and taxis.....for better beaches go a little South or North, if you havnt a car buses are ony 20/25 Baht and every few minutes....there really is so much to do in this area if you look for it....ok, you havnt got Bangla or Soi Green Mango but those places are overpriced and my last visit to Samui a few months back it was like a ghost town....for shopping you can buy anything you can get in BKK, there is a new IT center on top of the old Mall...what about the festivals that are almost a weekly occurance in Cha am and Hua Hin, classic cars, jazz, classic bikes, rock, reggae festivals, dont get much of that in the Southern Islands...take a look at Cha am beach any weekend of the year and you will see people with frizbees, sunbathing and having fun, playing their guitars and singing around a fire in the evening...it really depends what you want, of course having friends and a place to hang out makes anywhere seem better, and if you havnt found that here then maybe that is the reason

Totally agree with the comment about SAS and Spooks.....never met so many in my life befor but we all know they are full of crap and were probably stacking shelves in Tescos back home......I really dont know what Phuket or Samui have to offer that Hua Hin hasnt, in fact Hua Hin has a lot more...I lived and worked both in Phuket and Samui and felt so trapped and bored with the same environment with nothing much to do, and what you could do was far more expensive than Hua Hin.....take a look at the bars in Pak Nam Pram, Bang Kwai or Cha am for a change...hey, BKK is only a few hours away, its great for a day out on your days off and only costs a few hundred Baht there and back, something you wouldnt be able to do if you stayed in Samui or Phuket unless you want to pay $$$$$$$ on flights and taxis.....for better beaches go a little South or North, if you havnt a car buses are ony 20/25 Baht and every few minutes....there really is so much to do in this area if you look for it....ok, you havnt got Bangla or Soi Green Mango but those places are overpriced and my last visit to Samui a few months back it was like a ghost town....for shopping you can buy anything you can get in BKK, there is a new IT center on top of the old Mall...what about the festivals that are almost a weekly occurance in Cha am and Hua Hin, classic cars, jazz, classic bikes, rock, reggae festivals, dont get much of that in the Southern Islands...take a look at Cha am beach any weekend of the year and you will see people with frizbees, sunbathing and having fun, playing their guitars and singing around a fire in the evening...it really depends what you want, of course having friends and a place to hang out makes anywhere seem better, and if you havnt found that here then maybe that is the reason

You are far too positive and enjoy yourself too much,please leave this Forum immediately,this is for mourners only.

People who enjoy themselves need not apply !!!!!!!

seriously It was good to read someone with a positive attitude,have a good day ,

Suitable only for those who are in their 40s or older,

^

Yes and that is the way we want to keep it.

Well i'm 31, have a little Girl who i adore & take care of her every whim & love the place after recently moving there so you can keep em all out. & not all of us " under 40's " are that bad..:rolleyes:

Hua Hun Fool, i have to say, if you think HH is bad, DO NOT & i repeat DO NOT go to Samui..:D

7 Years i was there for & the VAST majority of what you wrote applies to Samui, except x 10..

Land & House - Samui >>> HH = Simply not comparable, i pay 10k per month for a House, albeit unfurnished, for a 3 Bed plave in HH compared to a 2 Bed Gaff on Samui that i paid 23.5k per Month for, & it's nicer !!!

Shopping - Samui Tesco or Big C >>> Market Village ?????????????? Dont' make me laugh..

The Locals - I've just come back to Samui this past week on some Biz after being in HH for 3 Montsh & i can not believe, well i forgot, how poor the majority of the Loacal attitudes seem to be towards Foreigners, it's horrible.. Every local Male over 25 thinks he's Tony Montana & every local Female over 25 thinks her sh*t don't stink, i hate it..

Good luck if you do leave HH Fella for Samui, you'll need it..;)

Edited by MSingh

Suitable only for those who are in their 40s or older,

^

Yes and that is the way we want to keep it.

Well i'm 31, have a little Girl who i adore & take care of her every whim & love the place after recently moving there so you can keep em all out. & not all of us " under 40's " are that bad..:rolleyes:

Hua Hun Fool, i have to say, if you think HH is bad, DO NOT & i repeat DO NOT go to Samui..:D

7 Years i was there for & the VAST majority of what you wrote applies to Samui, except x 10..

Land & House - Samui >>> HH = Simply not comparable, i pay 10k per month for a House, albeit unfurnished, for a 3 Bed plave in HH compared to a 2 Bed Gaff on Samui that i paid 23.5k per Month for, & it's nicer !!!

Shopping - Samui Tesco or Big C >>> Market Village ?????????????? Dont' make me laugh..

The Locals - I've just come back to Samui this past week on some Biz after being in HH for 3 Montsh & i can not believe, well i forgot, how poor the majority of the Loacal attitudes seem to be towards Foreigners, it's horrible.. Every local Male over 25 thinks he's Tony Montana & every local Female over 25 thinks her sh*t don't stink, i hate it..

Good luck if you do leave HH Fella for Samui, you'll need it..;)

Mind you don't swallow yer pipe or fall over in yer shiny new slippers when Wolves bang in a third on the weekend. :D

Otherwise spot on I have to say.

:clap2:

spot on ;):clap2::intheclub::intheclub:

The fact is I am a single bloke.

Yeah it's spot on FOR A SINGLE BLOKE & no disrespect to HHF, but who in their right mind, AS A SINGLE BLOKE, would spend any time in HH at all ??

I know i certainly wouldn't..

Its nice to see some people happy living here, realy it is.

Im running out of ideas.... Pattaya is too full on for me and I would be dead in 2 months if I lived there. Bangkok no good as I work from home and would be stuck in a condo all week. The provinces are too quiet and now everyone seems to think Samui and Phuket are <deleted> also. I have no clue of my next move its driving me nuts.

The fact is I am a single bloke.

Yeah it's spot on FOR A SINGLE BLOKE & no disrespect to HHF, but who in their right mind, AS A SINGLE BLOKE, would spend any time in HH at all ??

I know i certainly wouldn't..

Its nice to see some people happy living here, realy it is.

Im running out of ideas.... Pattaya is too full on for me and I would be dead in 2 months if I lived there. Bangkok no good as I work from home and would be stuck in a condo all week. The provinces are too quiet and now everyone seems to think Samui and Phuket are <deleted> also. I have no clue of my next move its driving me nuts.

really i do not understand why people think phuket or samui are not worth living on, i have several friends who live in phuket and they are very happy with the facilities and easy cheap fares to bkk, lets be honest HH is not a 2hr drive from bkk more like 3 hrs to sukamvit. samui is small but has plenty of drinking holes with a large expat community as a matter of fact most thais will say samui is not thailand, rents have gone way down on samui as well i can tell you of a new property with pool, lg garden, 1bd rm cottage, all western standard for 10k per mo. rooms on the beach are down to 500 per night as well but there are still tourist arriving and the bar scene is alive and well but not on the scale of phuket. imho yr best bet is to spend a wk in whatever place you are interested in b4 making the move.