Driving Scooter/Mopeds In Thailand

kamp

I have a norwegian scooter/moped license thats allow me to drive 50ccm in norway.

Can I drive anything legal thailand?

Should I get a international license.

I don't have car license, only scooter. I'm working with the car license, I'm soon turning 20 ;).

My Thai motorcycle license just says "Type: Private Motorcycle" (i think they have licenses classified by motorbike CC)

If you just plan on driving the moped in small sois then you will probably never need any kind of license.

If you drive on the main roads i'm guessing a norwegian scooter license ends up with you paying 200Baht.

You can get a motorbike license pretty easily you just got to your local Department of Land Transportation and take a written test (on a computer in English) and then a driving test on a little track setup they have (you can rent a bike from them for the test)

Edited by dave111223

Try the Motor Forum for more information, including on the test and the risks of driving with no licence/insurance..

You can't drive anything in Thailand on that particular Norwegian licence, nor could you drive anything on an International Permit obtained with your Norwegian licence and limited to 50cc.

Bikes under 80cc are illegal on the road here unless they have usable pedals like a "genuine" moped and can be pedalled like a normal bicycle with the engine off (like the French Velosolex), in which case they can technically be ridden on the road as bicycles but cannot be registered, but the police may be unaware of this as I have only ever seen two here!

Do them both here young fella, i had my car and international so just a matter of transfering but i had to do my bike, great fun, not expensive, plenty women around just your age, and mine also come to that, and they work there, great people and a great day out.