Computer Illiterate

Asmerom

I've just downloaded Google Earth and when I open the result , three boxes appear on screen telling me to drag each of them to my hard drive. How do I do that? No idea where my hard drive is on this Apple Mac.

Hi,

Look on your desktop, you will find a labelled icon with a picture of a hard drive there. Simply drag any file with your mouse and release the mouse when it is over the icon.

If you go to www.apple.com you will find an excellent series of training videos on the lower right of the page. Do yourself a favour and watch them, especially the set entitled Mac basics.

:rolleyes:

Look on your desktop, you will find a labelled icon with a picture of a hard drive there. Simply drag any file with your mouse and release the mouse when it is over the icon.

If you go to www.apple.com you will find an excellent series of training videos on the lower right of the page. Do yourself a favour and watch them, especially the set entitled Mac basics.

:rolleyes:

Great. Many thanks. it went like clockwork. I'll certainly do my homework on those training videos. Thanks also to JC.

• 2 weeks later...

if you can't find something on a mac, [ command+F ] type what you are looking for and enter

Or click on finder on the left side of your dock... But the command F has a better search screen, you're right...

Edited by Jimi007