Is This Really 'The End' ?

jaideeguy

Yes its the beginning of the end for the rainy season. From www.tmd.go.th/en you can see the drop off from September 227.6 mm to October 121.9 mm. We will have the occasional shower but nothing big My last calculations we were still under the yearly average by about 15 mm. As for the reservoirs not empty and not overflowing. So we will have to wait.

January 13.7 28.9 6.9 1 February 14.9 32.2 4.6 1 March 18.2 34.9 13.0 2 April 21.8 36.1 50.1 6 May 23.4 34.1 158.4 15 June 23.7 32.3 131.6 17 July 23.6 31.7 160.8 19 August 23.4 31.1 236.0 21 September 23.0 31.3 227.6 17 October 21.8 31.1 121.9 11 November 19.0 29.8 52.8 6 December 15.0 28.3 19.8 2

It's not over yet , it could be , but normally there is always a period of no rain before

another rather short period of rain comes in , after that the cold season begins .

Another option is a brief period of very hot weather. Think hot season, but only 1-2 weeks.

No hot weather will happen before the cold period ..

No hot weather will happen before the cold period ..

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun LJW,

We believe that the onset of colder weather will make the weather that came before it seem relatively hotter, but we hesitate to say, now, if "no hot weather will happen."

best, ~o:37;

It's not over yet , it could be , but normally there is always a period of no rain before

another rather short period of rain comes in , after that the cold season begins .

Another option is a brief period of very hot weather. Think hot season, but only 1-2 weeks.

That has been my experience also.

22174.jpg

That has been my experience also.

22174.jpg

ditto!! But I don't believe we will hit temps like we did this past May, 108.5 F (42.5 C).

I don't know how it was in Chiangmai city , but here in Chiangdao it was raining

tatters last night , very pleasant sleep I had and a wonderful cool morning because of it .

Hope there will be another downpour tonight , doesn't seem like it , but yesterday it didn't seem either , truly hope it will pass over to Chiangmai as well guys . ;)

The CM valley has so many micro climates that you can have downpours a block away and bone dry where you are. Out here near Doi Saket, I would estimate [compared with the previous 10 yrs] that so far this rainy season, we have only had half of 'normal' rainfall. For the last two weeks, we have had to water the lawn and klong next to house is only a couple of inches deep.

The CM valley has so many micro climates that you can have downpours a block away and bone dry where you are. Out here near Doi Saket, I would estimate [compared with the previous 10 yrs] that so far this rainy season, we have only had half of 'normal' rainfall. For the last two weeks, we have had to water the lawn and klong next to house is only a couple of inches deep.

Strange isn't it ? it realy is how you state this , its also my experience .

But all together , I think overall we had a heavier rainy seaon then last year , at least on the other side of the Province . What you stated seems odd , but it really isn't , the the province of Chiangmai is much bigger than it seems , landwise .

To doccument the 'micro-climate' rainfalls in areas around CM, to the N/S/E&W.....maybe we as residents of the CM area scattered in all directions could start our own rainfall records for our areas. Wouldn't cost much and we're already networked to cover the whole valley.

Would be interesting......

or are there figures or a map would be preferable that show rainfall by month in the valley??

To doccument the 'micro-climate' rainfalls in areas around CM, to the N/S/E&W.....maybe we as residents of the CM area scattered in all directions could start our own rainfall records for our areas. Wouldn't cost much and we're already networked to cover the whole valley.

Would be interesting......

or are there figures or a map would be preferable that show rainfall by month in the valley??

I've been monitoring Chiang Mai's weather for quite some time and have the data online http://thaiwx.yolasite.com/ . Down on the right side of the home page, "My WxUnderground page", you'll find earlier records.