Bursig Paddock Stand - Germany

Garry

Well, I pulled the trigger today and ordered a Bursig Paddock stand & wheel kit for my Ducati 999S. It is pricey, but as a workshop / maintenance tool, I feel that it is going to be invaluable to me.

My biggest problem I've had in Thailand in the past is finding quality paddock stands, which I eventually ended up finding with Fast Corner in Chiang Mai for my previous 04R1. The R1 had built in spool holes on the swing arm, my 2004 999S does not, which means buying extra parts to modify it for a conventional paddock stand.

I weighed up the cost options of two paddock stands, accessories to make them work and the convenience on maintenance. Being a bit picky, I pull my bikes apart on a regular basis to ensure that everything is safe & secure., which also gives me piece of mind when riding. Using this stand will hinder me slightly on its mounting point near the LH side rear set, but will not when being used for overall maintenance duties and I'll have the time to do everything right the first time.

If anyone is interested, this is the link to the website and specifically for the items I purchased: Bursig paddock Stand for Ducati 999S & Video

Cheers all,

Garry

wow- that is a cool piece of kit!

dunno why you've had such a hard time finding decent paddock stands here in Thailand- some of the big brands, such as DMP are made right here in Thailand.

never seen anything as trick as that bursig stand though- nice!

wow- that is a cool piece of kit!

dunno why you've had such a hard time finding decent paddock stands here in Thailand- some of the big brands, such as DMP are made right here in Thailand.

never seen anything as trick as that bursig stand though- nice!

Hi mate,

I probably could have researched some more, but s lot of stands just don't do it for me and at the end of the day to be honest I would still be stuck asking for help. It's just too awkward for me to try and hold my bike and put it up on a convential rear paddock stand. This Bursig stand will cure all my woes and I won't have to dick about waiting for someone to come by to help. I'll post up a vid when I have it adjusted for my 999 and functioning.

Peace :jap:

Amazing stuff! Must feel like the proverbial cherry on the cake for you. Congrats

Thanks, it is certainly an expensive cherry :lol: but well worth it in the long run I have no doubt. I'll post up my own video of it in action after I get it. B)

Edited by Garry

• 3 weeks later...

DHL tracking tells me that the stand has arrived and been handed over to Thai Customs. I'll soon find how much I'm in for when it goes to my home address. Fingers crossed the custom duty won't be outrageous..

Edited by Garry

DHL tracking tells me that the stand has arrived and been handed over to Thai Customs. I'll soon find how much I'm in for when it goes to my home address. Fingers crossed the custom duty won't be outrageous..

Looking forward to your review Garry. I did have a good look at the videos on the web site but would like to see the mounting points more clearly plus of course a users review. Cheers.

Looking forward to your review Garry. I did have a good look at the videos on the web site but would like to see the mounting points more clearly plus of course a users review. Cheers.

Will do and fingers crossed my Sato Rear sets won't have any issues with clearance for the stand mounts.

Well the stand has arrived in Thailand my wife informed me. Well, that is the postman gave her a letter saying it had arrived in Thailand and that it needed import tax paid on it. I was expecting this and I ask my wife how much? No idea from her reading of the letter and where in Chiang Rai do we go to pick it up? Uh we have to go to Mae Sai..<deleted>.!?, that's the closest office/agent? Youy have to be kidding me? I ask my wife is there a contact number on the letter? Guess what, there isn't, but she finally got hold of a number and she has called them numerous times with no answer.!? She is going to try some other DHL numbers today and see if she can get a hold of someone. Obviously paying for the shipment to my address isn't happening. But no DHL agent in Chiang Rai or is it a case of that the closest place I can pay import duty is Mae Sai. I can see that this is going to be fun. :lol:

Edited by Garry