Experience At Royal Thai Consulate In Hull

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience of visiting the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull to obtaining a Multi Non-O Visa.

Downloaded form Ab STANDARD VISA APPLICATION PACK (MS Word Document) and duly filled in the form on page 2/7, 4/7 and 5/7. On the first form, 'purpose of visit' - Visit Thai Wife. Very easy.

Downloaded form Ac ADDITIONAL PACK FOR NON-IMMIGRANT "B" VISA (MS Word Document) and duly filled in the form on page 1/4. Simple.

Documents required: Passport and marriage Certificate.

The Fee was £100 plus an additional £10 for the visit in Person. I paid with cash.

My appointment was at 10:30 am today. I arrived 40-minutes early. Parking immediately in front of the main entrance which is on the side of the building. Go into the lobby, take the door on the left. There was no-one else there.

I press the bell ring on the door of the adjacent office and was greeted by a lady who took my passport, marriage certificate and the fee, and off she went.

15-minutes later another lady came through and returned the Marriage Certificate and my Passport now containing my Multi Non-O visa, which was in the form of a Red Inked full page stamp.

The bizarre thing to me was that our UK Marriage Certificate makes no mention of nationality for either of us. They didn't ask for further ID of my wife.

All in all a pleasant trip and a speedy polite service at the Consulate.

Well done Royal Thai Consulate in Hull.

A point to note:

This notice Aj VISA RULES FOR ONE-WAY FLIGHT (MS Word Document) would be a handy form to carry should you have a one-way air ticket. It clearly states:

One-way flight ticket to Thailand

Please note that under Thailand's immigration rules it is allowed for a foreigner to fly to Thailand on a one-way ticket only if they are in

possession of a valid visa which they can present when they check-in

for their flight to Thailand.

Without such a visa the traveller will not be allowed to board their flight

to Thailand with a one-way ticket.

Please also note that some flight operators may be reluctant to accept

a traveller to Thailand with a one-way ticket even if they are in

possession of a valid visa. This may be something to do with rules

or regulations imposed by the flight operator. Accordingly, we advise

all travellers to check this with their airway carrier (not travel agent) well

in advance of travelling to avoid last minute complications.

Hope someone will find this post of interest.

Edited by dvdlock

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have yet to hear of anyone who had a problem obtaining a visa from Hull.

I have had several Multiple Entry Non Immigrant 'O' visas from there between 1998 and 2004, and am about to apply for another based on retirement. Even though I am not in the UK (I am in an EU country that does not have Thai Diplomatic representation) they said it would be no problem. Standard fee of £100 plus £12 for postage.

I had an almost identical experience in Cardiff. Only difference was I was advised to park on a yellow line outside the door by the doorman. He said he would call me if the warden appeared. He advised me he normally came around in about an hour. We were on our way home about 25 minutes later.