October 8, 201015 yr I'm looking for some Thai radio talk show mp3s that I can listen to on my daily commute for listening practice . . . it could be about anything really. Know where I can find some? I spend ~3 hours a day commuting, so I'd need some fairly long mp3s and many of them . . .
October 8, 201015 yr You can download talk shows directly from this site: http://radio.nationchannel.com/ They download as .wma files. Then I use a file converter I got from CNET downloads (FLV Crunch, I have a mac.) and convert them to mp3. The process takes me only a minute or 2 and I have a 25 minute talk show I can put on my ipod or open up with audacity. Bangkok for men is a fun show. I didn't figure out it was gay talk until the second episode I listened to.
October 8, 201015 yr Check out ช่างคุย Changkhui. More than a dozen podcasts, of varying frequency, covering many topics. The flagship podcast ช่างคุย is weekly and is a grab bag, but often discusses technology. The other podcasts talk about things like pop culture (ไม่หลับไม่นอน), experiences studying abroad (เรียนเมืองนอก), language (ที่มาที่ไป), sports (ลูกกลมกลม), health (ช่างคุยกับหมอ), and so forth. They're all downloadable as mp3, though newer ones also offer m4v video. The whole site is the time-intensive hobby of Passakorn "หงษ์" Hongsyok, the podcaster-in-chief. I've also been a guest on the podcast before, but don't let that dissuade you.
October 24, 201015 yr Author I downloaded *all* of them. A lot!!! I listened to 4 of them already . . . just slightly more interesting than an every day conversation, but easy enough that I understand between 70-90%, depending on the guest speaker. Will probably take a year or more to listen to them all, haha . . .
Create an account or sign in to comment