Taxi Receipts

I've never been to Samui, and next week I'll need to go over on a short business trip. I'll need to get around a bit when I'm on the island, and I had originally planned to take my car over, but concern about the how long I will have to wait to get the car on the ferry has changed my mind---there is a meeting back on the mainland which I can't be late for.

Now I'm wondering about getting receipts from Samui taxi drivers so that I can be reimbursed by my employer. I'm hoping that someone could offer suggestions or recommend a taxi company which will readily supply receipts.

Thanks.

so rent a car from avis or budget, they provide correct invoices which you need.

On your last day,when you drop the car off in chaweng, take a songthaeo from there to nathon(ferry) if you dont want to spend 500 baht for this route with a yellow taxi.

Just buy a few receipt books from Tesco / Big C, maybe 7/11 sell them. Or possible just offer the taxi driver 100 baht for what remains of his receipt book. Im not suggesting you fraudulently claim against your employer, but there will be items (bars etc..) which wont let you keep the checkbin, and accounting departments are usually anal about having receipts, using your own receipt book is just filling in the gaps... It worked great when outsourced in India ;)

Edited by mattcodes

Must be a very domestic-orientated employer if they do not accept that occasionally you travel to places that just don't give out receipts, particularly if the fare is peanuts compared with your usual business capitals. Luckily I had a trusting employer as a result of which I never took the piss.

I would not be too concerned about getting your car back to the mainland when you need to. When you arrive here simply book your return ticket. The island is not exactly heaving with tourists at the moment either. Taxis here are a total rip off. As said either hire a car at around the 1000 baht a day mark or get a car and driver for your time here. If you want any numbers PM me, Cheers