View Talay Condo, Bldg A

Spaniel

Two years ago prior to the buildings completion I purchased, in my name, a 41 sqmt condo on a "high floor". After some renovation work my total investment came to around 1 million bhat. I had anticipated using the condo on the weekends but my work keeps me busy and I rarely have time for visiting Pattaya. I'm considering selling and am in the process of establishing a fair price, as is, furnishings included. I guess I could get a local realtor to take a look at it but thought I'd first ask the experts here on the Pattaya Forum for their opinions on prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Think for a 41 sq m the range of 1.4 to 1.7 is tops.

I would have thought a realistic range to actually achieve is 1.2 to 1.5m??

I have lovely View Talay building B 41 sq m selling for 1.35m tax 50/50, fully furnished and in my name. Jomtien beach side. This is a sale price and not market price.

Any interest email me at [email protected]

Edited by twix38

Two years ago prior to the buildings completion I purchased, in my name, a 41 sqmt condo on a "high floor".  After some renovation work my total investment came to around 1 million bhat.  I had anticipated using the condo on the weekends but my work keeps me busy and I rarely have time for visiting Pattaya.  I'm considering selling and am in the process of establishing a fair price, as is, furnishings included.  I guess I could get a local realtor  to take a look at it but thought I'd first ask the experts here on the Pattaya Forum for their opinions on prices.

You can look around Pattaya, prices are anywhere from 40 to 75Kbt/sqmt. With 41 sq mt, your place should be between 1.6 mil to 3 mil baht depending of level of quality, view, surroundings, furnishings, prices of nearby condos, proximety to public transport, airport, golf, the beach etc etc.

For a 41sqmt place, chances are it's not going to be towards the higher end but 1.6 mil minimum.

Lambada & tukyleith:

Thaks for your interest in my condo. I haven't made any decision as yet on selling but from replies and other info I think around 1.5 million would be a fair price. My wife has now gotten involved and she likes the place so it looks like I'll will probably hang on to it for now. thanks to all those who replied with helpful information.

Hi Spaniel.

If your Condo is fitted out nice with a Kitchen, Western style bathroom etc I think 1.5M is to cheap. A high floor unit will go for 1.6M plus.

I currently have a 3rd floor 41 sq metre unit for sale in building B, Jomtien side which is fitted out very nicely with good tiles, small kitchenette, A/C, washing machine, fully furnished etc for sale for 1.45M.

I am upgrading to a larger unit in the Viewtalay 5 complex.

If you want an opinion from somebody in the market contact Derek or Pom at

[email protected]

They are good people who will give you a straight answer.

PS. No, I don't receive a commission. They are just good friends.

Whats the monthly service charges there? And do they have wireless internet or ADSL internet available?

Cheers in advance.

I maybe interested in a purchase there but would not pay more than 1.4 million for a really nice place. Am realsically looking at 1 mil tops.

Two years ago prior to the buildings completion I purchased, in my name, a 41 sqmt condo on a "high floor".  After some renovation work my total investment came to around 1 million bhat.  I had anticipated using the condo on the weekends but my work keeps me busy and I rarely have time for visiting Pattaya.  I'm considering selling and am in the process of establishing a fair price, as is, furnishings included.  I guess I could get a local realtor  to take a look at it but thought I'd first ask the experts here on the Pattaya Forum for their opinions on prices.

You can look around Pattaya, prices are anywhere from 40 to 75Kbt/sqmt. With 41 sq mt, your place should be between 1.6 mil to 3 mil baht depending of level of quality, view, surroundings, furnishings, prices of nearby condos, proximety to public transport, airport, golf, the beach etc etc.

For a 41sqmt place, chances are it's not going to be towards the higher end but 1.6 mil minimum.

Far too high for View Talay. 41 sq.m. is the standard studio apartment and on high floors will be about 1.3M, on lower floors you'll struggle to sell for over 1.1M

Not trying to put anyone of buying,but whats the construction noise like there now due to people renovating,talked to someone recently and he said it was unbearable and constant.

Also can take 20 minutes to get a lift sometimes,is this true?

Most of the condo blocks have renovations / remodelling at this time of year. Usually tenants are asked not to carry out such activities from November to March, but the rest of the year is OK.

If you want peace and quiet - buy a house. (Still soi dogs all night, motor-bikes, as you are lower down there's also mosquitoes, so on)

Whats the monthly service charges there? And do they have wireless internet or ADSL internet available?

Cheers in advance.

I maybe interested in a purchase there but would not pay more than 1.4 million for a really nice place. Am realsically looking at 1 mil tops.

The monthly service charge is just B300, that's B3600 payable annually in advance.

I don't know if wireless internet is avaliable.

You could probably get somewhere decent for B1.4m, but more than likely it will be on a lower floor. Many of the lower priced condo's in View Talay 2 are not available for foreign ownership, this is often, but not always, why they are cheaper. The 49% already registered in foreigners names, and as such transferrable to another foreigner, usually realise more. To my knowledge the only condo's avaiable for B1m or less are shells which have been bought by speculators and are on the market at a condiserable mark up on what they paid.

Pay regular visits to both buildings and keep an eye on the notice boards. There's always a selection of re-sales and you never know, it could be your lucky day.

Edited by Nuff Said

Not trying to put anyone of buying,but whats the construction noise like there now due to people renovating,talked to someone recently and he said it was unbearable and constant.

Also can take 20 minutes to get a lift sometimes,is this true?

Those who comment or complain about the noise coming from rooms that are being fitted out should ask themselves one simple question. Was my room fitted out in total silence? Of course it wasn't. The room opposite mine is currently being worked on. Yes, it's noisy at times, but no more so that what my neighbors had to put up with when my room was being fitted out. Construction work is permitted to take place on Mondays to Fridays from 0900 to 1730. It is not allowed at weekends or on public holidays.

No, it does not take anywhere near 20 minutes to get a lift. Normally a couple of minutes at the most. Also the lifts are very reliable, I can't remember when one was last out of order.