Koh Samui Condos, Beach Etc Info

If you want to go jogging where can you go without running on the roads where cars and motorbikes drive freguently? Are there any good dirt roads near Bangrak or maybe a boulevard with more runners? Looking for a place apart from the beach since the angle with high tides hurts my ankels after a while.

If you want to go jogging where can you go without running on the roads where cars and motorbikes drive freguently? Are there any good dirt roads near Bangrak or maybe a boulevard with more runners? Looking for a place apart from the beach since the angle with high tides hurts my ankels after a while.

Right that's it :redcard2:

I hate to say this Paul36. But I really do not think Samui is the right place for you. We are a small, relatively expensive island. We don't have high rise condos. All our roads have cars and bikes on them frequently. We don't have running tracks or cycle paths. Our beaches tend to have people on them for much of the day. Tesco and BigC is about your lot as far as shopping is concerned. All this suits many people, but I would agree is not perfect for everyone.

I would reiterate my advice to come over here for a holiday and make your own mind up. I'll buy you a beer if you do come over.:D

Paul ... how can i put this . Call simon the pieman , see if theres anything doing. If not, then proper ankle supports should do.

Or try fusion in lamai, tell the security guys theyre a bush of cissies and you got short changed. That way your ankles.. sorry ankels will be the least of your worries.

Take care now.

You can try the Olympic Stadium in Chaweng; It is a 80,000 seat stadium but it is pretty quiet during low season; was there this morning and there were only 4 runners. the track length is 400 metres and there is a tunnel to access directly a remote part of chaweng beach where you can relax after jogging. PM if you want more details.

Koh Samui has both a large Tesco and Carrefour right?

Let's say I want to walk my dog on the beach every morning at 8am, will I have a quiet beach or is loaded with tourists? I really got that impression...

If the view is ok 4 story would be fine. I do however have a dog and two cats, would anyone happen to know a place under 10.000thb that might allow these?

Just make sure you pick up your dog sh#t every morning also .

So if I want to have a walk and have that real tropical beach experience with nothing but palms and trees on the back of the beach instead of a boulevard/hotels/bars/restaurants, which part of which beach preferably near Bo Phut/Chaweng would have the longest strip of sand where you won't have to see human structures when you take your eyes of the water?

I presume there are cheap songthaews driving around the entire island like here so beaches further away would be interesting as well.

YOU ARE ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS, THAT I KNOW WHEN YOU COME HERE, YOU WON,T LIKE IT.

SO I THINK ITS BEST YOU DON,T COME, AND GO TO HUA HIN INSTEAD.

AND BORE THAT THREAD WITH ALL YOUR SILLY QUESTIONS,

THAT YOU DO NOT READ THE THREADS PEOPLE HAVE TOOK THE TIME TO ANSWER FOR YOU

AND I THINK THIS IS A WIND UP ANYWAY.

So if I want to have a walk and have that real tropical beach experience with nothing but palms and trees on the back of the beach instead of a boulevard/hotels/bars/restaurants, which part of which beach preferably near Bo Phut/Chaweng would have the longest strip of sand where you won't have to see human structures when you take your eyes of the water?

I presume there are cheap songthaews driving around the entire island like here so beaches further away would be interesting as well.

YOU ARE ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS, THAT I KNOW WHEN YOU COME HERE, YOU WON,T LIKE IT.

Thats what i think too. Total wind up. ;)

You think too much :bah:

You think too much :bah:

You are probably right but its still a wind up....harmless though it is. :D

Can't be surely not! :o Anyway Paul I find tying a string of suasages to the back of my shorts helps motivate me to run faster and faster on my daily beach run....B)

Have to watch out for them sand crabs but that's a whole different thread.

Can't be surely not! :o Anyway Paul I find tying a string of suasages to the back of my shorts helps motivate me to run faster and faster on my daily beach run....B)

Have to watch out for them sand crabs but that's a whole different thread.

Hey Smokie, i wonder if you can help me. I'm going to Koh Chang for a holiday soon. Does it have beaches and places where i can stay? Is there food available or am i advised to bring a packed lunch? :lol:

Edited by carmine

Hey Smokie, i wonder if you can help me. I'm going to Koh Chang for a holiday soon. Does it have beaches and places where i can stay? Is there food available or am i advised to bring a packed lunch? :lol:

You'll need all that and more.Lucky you asked as following the recent landslides I recommend you watch the following link.

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=1427

Don't take bananas in your packed lunch I hear the gorillas roam the beach in packs. ;)

You'll need all that and more.Lucky you asked as following the recent landslides I recommend you watch the following link.

http://www.britishpa...ord.php?id=1427

Don't take bananas in your packed lunch I hear the gorillas roam the beach in packs. ;)

Fear not, i shall be going on a survival course with Bear Grylls prior to my visit.

Do they have motorbikes?

Fear not, i shall be going on a survival course with Bear Grylls prior to my visit.

Do they have motorbikes?

No but they have the tallest people in Thailand. Always happy to give you a leg up into your treehouse. Affectionately known as the 'Tree People' ya can't miss 'em even the women have beards.

yep this is a winde up. it is funny how some people look at the forum for basic news before even coming to samui. normally it is the other way round. normally people come here then ask questions. This is a winde up i am sure. everything he has asked for they do not have. like he has purposly asked strategic questions that would make everyone take his bait.

hua hin ain't far from samui. only a bus drive. if u want to find out come down. unless u r already here and having a wind up. well it has worked u got allot of replies.

Do they have motorbikes?

No but they have the tallest people in Thailand. Always happy to give you a leg up into your treehouse. Affectionately known as the 'Tree People' ya can't miss 'em even the women have beards.

i want to rent a tree house near the beach in samui. some where which is suitable for dogs. can pay about 8000 baht per month. I would also like a tree house with a view over the olypic stadium in chaweng.

i want to rent a tree house near the beach in samui. some where which is suitable for dogs. can pay about 8000 baht per month. I would also like a tree house with a view over the olypic stadium in chaweng.

Sorry views over the stadium start at 10k.....maybe you'd consider a view of the cathedral instead?

EDIT: Sorry forgot about the Korean restaurant opposite the cathedral. :jap:

Edited by smokie36

Sorry views over the stadium start at 10k.....maybe you'd consider a view of the cathedral instead?

EDIT: Sorry forgot about the Korean restaurant opposite the cathedral. :jap:

i would also like scuba diving kit for my dog and windscreen wipers for my telly. I would also like monkey servpants.

I can pay 10k per month. I would also need allot of other gear. Such as bells to let people know when i am ding dong and a big wheel so everyone can see when i am winding up ! :jap: Khrup Jai