Standard Size For Hamburger?

thaigerd

No standard size, but 1/4 lb (4ozs) is on the smaller size, while 1/3 lb to 6 ozs would be medium size. 1/2 lb, 8 ozs is considered a very large burger.

if you can eat it in less than 6 bites it is too small....go to MacDonalds and buy a quarter pounder...make your hamburgers twice as big unless you want Whimpy burgers....get some real hamburger buns or make your own....try a bagel for a bun

If you pop in google "Hamburger Mold" you'll see that the typical mold is between 4 and 5 inches diameter with a pattie thickness of 3/4 inches. Your typical hamburger bun available in Thailand is quite small by western standards and most good to excellent independent restaurants will have their buns made to their specification by a bakery

I'd like to have one ob dem 'Big Kahuna Burgers' that was featured in the scene in the movie 'Pulp Fiction'; the burger was shot in close up and was nicely proportioned...watching the gangster assassin Jules scarf that burger made my mouth water...goes good with intimidation, brutality and murder... :licklips:

Edited by tutsiwarrior

No standard size, but 1/4 lb (4ozs) is on the smaller size, while 1/3 lb to 6 ozs would be medium size. 1/2 lb, 8 ozs is considered a very large burger.

if you can eat it in less than 6 bites it is too small....go to MacDonalds and buy a quarter pounder...make your hamburgers twice as big unless you want Whimpy burgers....get some real hamburger buns or make your own....try a bagel for a bun

They don't sell quarter Pounder in Thai McDonalds, or milkshakes!!!!!!

we serve 150g burgers. It is a substantial burger. We have a double burger which uses 2 patties of 150g. You can barely get your mouth around it. Ive seen 120g variety's but they're disappointing. I figure if someone wants a burger it should be big and juicy.

we serve 150g burgers. It is a substantial burger. We have a double burger which uses 2 patties of 150g. You can barely get your mouth around it. Ive seen 120g variety's but they're disappointing. I figure if someone wants a burger it should be big and juicy.

Where's your place please?

the size of a mc e dee's is 1/10 of a pound.2 of them together or a double burger is just about right.ya don't want them overly large or you'll be fighting cholesterol.

i agree with burger size, As SK we supply popular restaurants with 150g steak burgers and 180g-250g so if you had 2 x 250g = 1/2 kg/500g meat ohhh Jaw lock is in order Ha Ha

the size of a mc e dee's is 1/10 of a pound.2 of them together or a double burger is just about right.ya don't want them overly large or you'll be fighting cholesterol.

i agree with burger size, As SK we supply popular restaurants with 150g steak burgers and 180g-250g so if you had 2 x 250g = 1/2 kg/500g meat ohhh Jaw lock is in order Ha Ha

SK do you deliver to Phuket?