Iphone 4 Problems

saakura

just bought an Iphone 4 16gb from a counter at central rama 3 today for 24500Baht but when i took it to AIS to buy a new package, they were unable to load FB and twitter. Went to the authorised Iphone shop on the first floor who showed me the cydia application and said it was illegally hacked and could not help me. Went back to the counter shop where i bought the phone and the guy loaded it for me but warned me that this is only temporary (trial pahse) and i would need to go online and register.....couldnt understand what he was trying to say..can anybody help? Thanks.

Go to "Settings>General>About" and scroll down to "Model"

If the Last 2 letters in the Model are ML then you bought an American iPhone which has been software unlocked.

If that is the case then you can not Restore or upgrade the software or it will become unusable.

If the last 2 letters in the model are

ZP this is an Unlocked Hong Kong Phone

TH this is an Unlocked Thai Phone

A This is an Unlocked UK Phone.

I suspect that you will find it is an American phone and you have been duped.

As far as installing applications you must create an iTunes account.

You can Google "How to create an American iTunes Store account without a credit card" and you will find instructions how to do it.

Once you have a valid iTunes account then you can add any apps you want.

Cydia is the unofficial apps repository for hacked iphones.

Hope this helps.

If you got an American iPhone Model MC604ML then I would take it back and demand a factory unlocked phone from HK, Thailand or UK.

Why do you people keep buying iPhones from the unofficial suppliers? It's just asking for trouble. Same prices at DTAC, True, etc

At the very least make sure Cydia is *not* on the phone - that ensures it's not jailbroken and hence firmware unlocked.

Anyway check your phone model and get back to us as to where it's from.... maybe it's factory unlocked, and if it is you can just restore it to original state. Do you have an iTunes account? You'll need one to download apps from the app store, and facebook and twitter are free apps, you don't need hacked or jaibroken versions.

Why do you people keep buying iPhones from the unofficial suppliers? It's just asking for trouble. Same prices at DTAC, True, etc

At the very least make sure Cydia is *not* on the phone - that ensures it's not jailbroken and hence firmware unlocked.

Anyway check your phone model and get back to us as to where it's from.... maybe it's factory unlocked, and if it is you can just restore it to original state. Do you have an iTunes account? You'll need one to download apps from the app store, and facebook and twitter are free apps, you don't need hacked or jaibroken versions.

I actually went to the AIS first and was told that there was a 3 weeks waiting period after booking the iphone4. Have since determined that the one i bought is a Hong Kong made hacker unlocked with cydia.