Boom Boom Trucks

Its time we got rid of this unneccessary noise pollution. What's wrong with using flyers to promote your bar?

The noise these things give out.....heard even 2 miles away simply makes me want to never set foot in any of these places.

Give us some peace and qyuet!!

welcome to Thailand.

It is a problem all over thailand. a mate of mine had to move in bangkok because he was on route for those boom boom trucks.

makes me laugh when i see the chaweng stadium on a boat at chaweng beach. u can only barely hear it.

these people go to great lengths to promote.

The best way to deal with it is follow the truck to his house then get a boom boom truck of your own and leave it parked there.

In Samui you have them promoting Bars & Clubs, in Isaan they have them offering Fruit..

It's the same thing as a Thai Conversation, people generally listen to the loudest one talking...

its always been the same in thailand. when u buy some land u never know what is going to surround u in the future. which is why allot more people are buying up in the mountains away from the noise. Rarther than the beaches.

problem is when u r too high up the pizza delivery man cannot make it. Now that is really serious. means i cannot sit here all day i have to get up off my arse and drive my car all the way down to the shop. wait 20 munites for the pizza then et it whilst driving and nesrly kill myself and everybody on the roads.

all this because of sound pollution. had they not done this i would not be living in the mountains, i would not be driving like a lunatic and i would still be alive. i bet u r wondering how i csan be typing and be dead. well welcome to thailand TIT.

anyway u can take my pizza but u will never take MY FREEDOME!!!

Edited by BigC

:cheesy: Don't light a cigarette ! Big C!

Agree the boom boom trucks are terrible.... I hate getting stuck behind one! :bah:

I have friends in southern Thailand, (Mayor of Village) if you think the boom trucks are bad..... He starts up music over the local load speaker system.... Full blast!

Then gives what I assume is the news of local events..... at 5 AM..... Believe me, you or anyone cannot sleep through it! ;) But at least not everyday!