webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the KJF rebuttal:

In its original uncorrected form it contained a number of inaccuracies, including that Thaksin Shinawatra, the former prime minister of Thailand, had "lived under a false name in Germany" and had used "illegally received passports from a number of other countries". This is categorically untrue. An award of $1 Million will be given to Keating or anyone else for that matter that can provide genuine evidence to back up such ridiculous claims.

I don't know about 'illegally received passports' (emphasis on plural), but begin of July questions were asked in the Ugandan parliament. Dr. Kagoda however could not explain how the former Prime Minister of Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra, a diplomatic passport in the names of Takki Shinegra.

( http://allafrica.com/stories/201007070939.html )

The rest of the KJF rebuttal praises k. Thaksin which is fine with me, but does only serve to distract. What ever good the man has done has no relation with him having multiple passports, names he wasn't born with, and living in Germany under dubious circumstances.

Where do I apply for the US $1M ?

PS the only Jane Foley related to Dubai I find is a research director at Forex.com in London.

(edit KJF rebuttal, not article; add PS)

Edited by rubl

Those that are paid to defend Mr T could probably qualify for a visit from the tv series "Dirtiest jobs". A personal encounter with the man could easily be regarded as being worse that sexing baby chicks. I thought the original article was a good reinforcement of the old adage "not much difference between <deleted> of the world".

"Defending allegations that Thaksin used false name and passport Noppadon  said that Thaksin has a unique face, wherever he goes, people will  regconise him." - SQUARE FACE?

What utter tosh. Take away the photographers, put him in a Burton's suit, and most would think that he worked at the local takeaway. Your long five minutes of fame have passes Tacky. Kindly leave the stage.

PS the only Jane Foley related to Dubai I find is a research director at Forex.com in London.

(edit KJF rebuttal, not article; add PS)

Different person. No mention of a Jane Foley listed as an attorney in Dubai nor any mention of the law firm she supposedly works for in Dubai.

Dubious persons representing dubious persons, but hey, she/he got their name in the press.

Thaksin's shill in Dubai speaks out on the article:

REBUTTAL

BY JANE FOLEY | OCTOBER 27, 2010

Don't Attack Thaksin

The former prime minister is the victim of a smear campaign

Joshua E. Keating's article "Bad Exes" was one of the shoddiest and glib pieces of journalism we have seen for some years.

In its original uncorrected form it contained a number of inaccuracies, including that Thaksin Shinawatra, the former prime minister of Thailand, had "lived under a false name in Germany" and had used "illegally received passports from a number of other countries". This is categorically untrue. An award of $1 Million will be given to Keating or anyone else for that matter that can provide genuine evidence to back up such ridiculous claims.

[...]

The "KÃķlner Rundschau" a daily German newspaper describes the whole procedure of Thaksin's residence permit.

FÞnf Monate in Bonn untergeschlÞpft ("Hiding in Bonn for 5 Months")

According to the "Rundschau" T. showed up at the administration in Bad Godesberg on Dec. 29th 2008, accompanied by a high ranking former police officer from Bonn, a local attorney and a guy who introduced himself as Richard Nelson, but really was the former private eye and undercover agent Werner Mauss.

T. presented i.a. a certificate of a clean criminal record ("FÞhrungszeugnis") issued by the Federal Office of Justice in Bonn, a valid passport and a certificate of health insurance. The Godesberger officials rechecked his name whith the list of "personae non gratae", but T.'s name had not yet been included. So T. got his residence permit whithout delay. This clearly raises the question, whether T. had filled in his CV in the required manner, as a former foreign PM requesting residence permit would inevitably have raised some eyebrows in Berlin. The German Minstery of the Interior had already in November 2008 ordered to list T. as an unwanted person. This, however, was not done until May 2009 and T.'s residence permit was duely revoked by then. In the meantime T. had lived in Hochkreuzallee 63, Bonn-Friesdorf. (N 50°41'44,18" E 007°08'17,8")

T. may well have stayed under his real name in Germany. It is, however, highly unlikely that he entered his current employment (fugitive convicted former PM of Thailand) in the request for the residence permit. This is a criminal offence which would in any case have him extradited from Germany. His stay in Germany can thus rightfully be called illegal.

EDIT:

Postscriptum: I married my Thai wife in 2008 and although she met more requirements than khun T. (she actually had a clean criminal record, health insurance, valid passport and personal income) she was denied a residence permit by the German authorities on the grounds that according to a 2007 change in legislation she now was required to learn German in Thailand first.

EDIT 2:

The former Thaksin residence is now home of the president of the "Deutscher Bridge Verband" (German Bridge Association)

Deutscher Bridge Verband

Edited by MikeOboe57

The "KÃÂķlner Rundschau" a daily German newspaper describes the whole procedure of Thaksin's residence permit.

According to the "Rundschau" T. showed up at the administration in Bad Godesberg on Dec. 29th 2008, accompanied by a high ranking former police officer from Bonn, a local attorney and a guy who introduced himself as Richard Nelson, but really was the former private eye and undercover agent Werner Mauss.

T. presented i.a. a certificate of a clean criminal record ("FÞhrungszeugnis") issued by the Federal Office of Justice in Bonn, a valid passport and a certificate of health insurance. The Godesberger officials rechecked his name whith the list of "personae non gratae", but T.'s name had not yet been included. So T. got his residence permit whithout delay. This clearly raises the question, whether T. had filled in his CV in the required manner, as a former foreign PM requesting residence permit would inevitably have raised some eyebrows in Berlin. The German Minstery of the Interior had already in November 2008 ordered to list T. as an unwanted person. This, however, was not done until May 2009 and T.'s residence permit was duely revoked by then. In the meantime T. had lived in Hochkreuzallee 63, Bonn-Friesdorf. (N 50°41'44,18" E 007°08'17,8")

T. may well have stayed under his real name in Germany. It is, however, highly unlikely that he entered his current employment (fugitive convicted former PM of Thailand) in the request for the residence permit. This is a criminal offence which would in any case have him extradited from Germany. His stay in Germany can thus rightfully be called illegal.

EDIT:

Postscriptum: I married my Thai wife in 2008 and although she met more requirements than khun T. (she actually had a clean criminal record, health insurance, valid passport and personal income) she was denied a residence permit by the German authorities on the grounds that according to a 2007 change in legislation she now was required to learn German in Thailand first.

Re. PS: Same requirement in the Netherlands, maybe in more countries in Europe by now. It may have started as a deterrent for some illegal practices by people from some countries, but basicly applies to all non-EC.

Unless you have money, connections or both of course :huh:

The advantage of putting people on your private ignore list, is that it's easier to ignore them. Even when you feel like you may have missed reading yet another dumb post which simply suggests that no previous posts on a topic have been read, or suggests the simply need to annoy others.

Perfectly legal and probably within forum rules. Best to keep ignoring. It's 20:43, time to check the fridge for a beer.

(edit: move an s)

Edited by rubl

How much money to be made: $1 Million ( as stated in the FP article) or Bt1 million (as stated in the OP)?

I think it's a million dollars, but to collect you likely have to get a hold of the non-existent attorney at the non-existent law firm in Dubai.

Thaksin's shill in Dubai speaks out on the article:

REBUTTAL

BY JANE FOLEY | OCTOBER 27, 2010

Don't Attack Thaksin

The former prime minister is the victim of a smear campaign

Joshua E. Keating's article "Bad Exes" was one of the shoddiest and glib pieces of journalism we have seen for some years.

[...]

The "KÃķlner Rundschau" a daily German newspaper describes the whole procedure of Thaksin's residence permit.

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

The former Thaksin residence is now home of the president of the "Deutscher Bridge Verband" (German Bridge Association)

Deutscher Bridge Verband

Thank you for the background information. :wai:

"Hiding in Bonn" really does highlight the globetrotting of this fugitive as he desperately searches for safe havens. I'm sure he enjoyed the time he had in Germany, albeit illegally, as it is no doubt more pleasant there than say a few of his later hiding places like Uganda and Fiji.

How much money to be made: $1 Million ( as stated in the FP article) or Bt1 million (as stated in the OP)?

I think it's a million dollars, but to collect you likely have to get a hold of the non-existent attorney at the non-existent law firm in Dubai.

But that would make another god story for the journalist willing to take that challenge. If he gets his one million or not, i am 100% sure he can sell an article about this to some newspaper and can also earn some FAME with it.

There is no reason not to try it - except if there is really no evidence and the claims about Thakisn were indeed false and nothing but lies and ill information.

But that would make another god story for the journalist willing to take that challenge. If he gets his one million or not, i am 100% sure he can sell an article about this to some newspaper and can also earn some FAME with it.

There is no reason not to try it - except if there is really no evidence and the claims about Thakisn were indeed false and nothing but lies and ill information.

Yep, no reason not to try it... it's not as if either of these two buddies have ever lied before over money. Their word is as good as gold. If they said they would pay someone 30 million baht, I'm sure that, based on their solid morals and ethics, that they would pay up:

162423556.jpg

I'd post a photo the other, non-existent attorney to go with the Dynamic Duo, but amazingly I couldn't find one that existed.