Sorry ,We Have Only Lipton Tea,Why There Not So Many Tea Choice On The Islands?

Sandman77

Hello!

after long time traveling,on many thai islands,i ask my self,every restaurant i go,i got only one answer,when i want to drink tea,sorry we have only lipton!

i think thailand have many diffrent tealeves,but why the,are not avalible in the restaurants?

where i can find them?

one time,o ordered in phanggan ,.peach tea,and i got a fruit juice with warm water:)

thanks for information!

On the same subject I am seeing more shops and restaurant offering UNSWEETEN Ice tea. About time.

I got some nestle powder for unsweetened ice tea (bought at the makro). I thought it would be good for my diet and i assumed it would taste good. It tasted horrible :P

But to each his or her own

On the same subject I am seeing more shops and restaurant offering UNSWEETEN Ice tea. About time.

I got some nestle powder for unsweetened ice tea (bought at the makro). I thought it would be good for my diet and i assumed it would taste good. It tasted horrible :P

But to each his or her own

Problem was the powder. If you want to make your own try using one gallon clear glass container, fill with drinking water add 8 to 12 tea bags of your choice close the top and place the container in the direct sun light for the day. SUN TEA. Fantastic

Problem was the powder. If you want to make your own try using one gallon clear glass container, fill with drinking water add 8 to 12 tea bags of your choice close the top and place the container in the direct sun light for the day. SUN TEA. Fantastic

Tree-hugger :lol::cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Tree-hugger :lol::cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Save a tree eat a beaver.:whistling:

SUN TEA. Fantastic

I agree that is very good and used to make it myself often until I read some warnings commenting on bacteria growth. ;)

I drinked about 2 gallons per day at one time. Maybe that why I gotlost.:lol:

Edited by gotlost

Well for one, I am not quite sure Thailand is a major producer of tea. Blame the climate probably... So I am not sure they could sustain their own consumption with their (relatively) meagre production. And I guess Lipton had a good marketing team, making sure the local Lipton was adapted to Thai tastes (I find it very mld).

And there is only one kind of tea leaf (Camellia sinensis). The different teas (Black, Green, Pu Er...) are processed differently, or even aged.

/ no I am not a tea lover, but I visited plantations south of here biggrin.gif, and I had to buy a lot of good tea for friends when living in China to bring back to Europe wink.gif

okay,thanks for information in the meantime,most of the teas in restaurants are not from the leaves made by industrial process!

i still dont know,what kind of teas are avalible in thailand!

i think best think is i take my own tea from garden leaves,in farmacy here i can buy up to 70 diffrent sorts of tea!

in the past i drink to much liption tea this reason why dont like no more!

iam not sure about the bactira in the thai water pipes,maybe on some islands i can trink,but when i use a teak cooker,heat up to 100 dregree,wil then all bactiria inside the water go away.,or not?

100 degrees will kill bactieria. put maybe bottled water will taste better anyway? also all the Irish pubs sell PG Tips. thats the best tea after Yorkshire Tea that is.

SUN TEA. Fantastic

I agree that is very good and used to make it myself often until I read some warnings commenting on bacteria growth. ;)

Good info.... even Snopes agrees.....http://snopes.com/food/prepare/suntea.asp

:clap2:

Everything you do in life you can become sick or dead.:whistling:

okay,thanks for information in the meantime,most of the teas in restaurants are not from the leaves made by industrial process!

i still dont know,what kind of teas are avalible in thailand!

i think best think is i take my own tea from garden leaves,in farmacy here i can buy up to 70 diffrent sorts of tea!

in the past i drink to much liption tea this reason why dont like no more!

iam not sure about the bactira in the thai water pipes,maybe on some islands i can trink,but when i use a teak cooker,heat up to 100 dregree,wil then all bactiria inside the water go away.,or not?

Twinings teas are available in every store just about, all the standard flavors (Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Jasmine etc.) and the local local restaurants usually have 'green tea' or some kind of Chinese tea that is available, but you're right, most of the restaurants just serve Lipton and it is terrible tea. I think if you find the manager and ask, they can go buy some for you. It's not that much more expensive than the Lipton, a little bit, but since Thailand doesn't really have a 'tea culture' yet (they have just barely have developed a coffee culture now) the restaurants are woefully ignorant of tea. I love German fruit teas which are simply not available here that I have found. So, if in doubt, bring your own, and just ask for a pot of hot water at the restaurant. They will charge you, but you use your own tea bag. Most of the hotels have water boiling pots too. If you dont' want to pack tea, just go to a grocery store when you get here. Macro sells it in boxes with 25 bags for, what, 160 THB?

I am pretty sure in Chinatown in Bangkok you can find any kind of Chinese tea. I have seen shops selling those there (well I have even seen some at the Bridge over Kwai river).

Of course you need to know a bit about the different teas they have. I also saw some selling tea balls (green or Jasmine tea).

I bought some locally grown teas from a shop in Mae Hong Son, a green and a Jasmine both very good and with some very nice hidden flavors. When I return in Nov. I will be visiting this shop again. The shop owner ships all over the world.