Travel With Oryal Brunei

jayceebee

Hi.

I am hoping to travel to Thailand again in November. My previous flights were with Emirates in 2008 & Qatar Airways in 2009, both were excellent.

My best option this year seems to be with Royal Brunei. How do they compare in respect to food and inflight entertaiment out of Heathrow for Westeners?

Thanks

maybe you might have got some replies if you typed the name of the airline correctly.

I travelled with them once before from Germany to BKK, nice flight nothing to write home about though.

I flew with them years ago. Only complaint I had with them were the seats, which were 'sculpted' i.e. if you have several empty seats beside you it was next to impossible to get comfortable if you laid across them. The ridges at the sides of the seats were very hard. Maybe this has changed now.

Oh and I almost forgot, this was and still probably is a 'dry' airline, i.e. no alcohol. In the old days you could buy your booze at home and carry it on board. The hosties had no problem giving you tonic and ice for your own gin. These days with the restrictions on liquids and the drinking duty-frees on board, maybe you'll have to forgo the alcohol experience (which to me is one of the joys of long haul flying).

I have only flown from Bangkok to Brunei and back numerous times, so long haul flights I do not know, but yes a dry airline, you can no longer bring you own alcohol on-board. Oh and they bless the plane before each flight, a little annoying.

RBA are now using 777's on the LHR-BWN route. BWN-BKK is usually an A320.

Food is pretty poor.

In flight entertainment is average. On the older 767's which are now out of service the IFE often broke down.

Cabin crew are fairly poor in comparison to other SE Asian carriers.

As you are likely to have a few hours layover in BWN, I would suggest bringing your own entertainment as the airport lounge has very little to offer.

RBA is dry, though you can drink your own alcohol. Several of the miniature bottles should be ok to pass through security.

If you are transiting through BWN with duty free bottles, they will be confiscated due to the liquid & gel regulations.

Edited by Shrubbery