Got A Camera?

cdnvic

I've begun posting some general introductory photos in the local forums to give an insight into each region of the country. In many cases I have photos to do the job, but in cases where I haven't spent much time in certain areas I need other pictures to fill in. Particularly for the following forums:

Krabi

Issan

Pattaya

Koh Samui

Ideally they should be unposed scenes of every life, or landscape/landmark shots. No posed photos of people please.

If you have some photos you think fit the bill, please upload them to the gallery and let me know.

I encourage everyone to make use of our gallery for both displaying and viewing photos of your life or vacation in thailand. A link to the gallery is at the top of every page. I will be featuring member's photos from the gallery in our local forums on a regular basis to keep things fresh.

When uploading to your gallery album be sure to note where the photo is taken, for the readers' reference.

cv

I've begun posting some general introductory photos in the local forums to give an insight into each region of the country. In many cases I have photos to do the job, but in cases where I haven't spent much time in certain areas I need other pictures to fill in. Particularly for the following forums:

Krabi

Issan

Pattaya

Koh Samui

Ideally they should be unposed scenes of every life, or landscape/landmark shots. No posed photos of people please.

If you have some photos you think fit the bill, please upload them to the gallery and let me know.

I encourage everyone to make use of our gallery for both displaying and viewing photos of your life or vacation in thailand. A link to the gallery is at the top of every page. I will be featuring member's photos from the gallery in our local forums on a regular basis to keep things fresh.

When uploading to your gallery album be sure to note where the photo is taken, for the readers' reference.

cv

Have a look at some of my pics of issarn, on the members photo album, or a lot more on my site, www.gandajones.co.uk

in August i am going to take loads of pics of the lifestyle in issarn, as i am building a new site on Buriram and area.

Krabi

Issan

Pattaya

Koh Samui

cv

Have a look at some of my pics of issarn, on the members photo album, or a lot more on my site, www.gandajones.co.uk

in August i am going to take loads of pics of the lifestyle in issarn, as i am building a new site on Buriram and area.

I have loads of very nice pictures, but my problem is....I am too dump for the technic. Can anybody tells me how can I download Photoshop for free and how to resize all the pixs, as it has a giant capacity as I transfered to PC. :D Wish i have anyone could help me, coz the man in my house has nothing to do with the Computer and have no idea how to use it. :D:D Thank YOU kha for helping ( in advance ) :D

to resize your photos try irfanview free at www.irfanview.com

just go image--> resize/resample and save the pic as a different filename (put the pixel size at the end eg. 640x480) as it is important to keep the originals in original condition.

if the file is to email or post on the web save as a jpg or jpeg image.

if you need to adjust your photos you would be better to go to panthip or zeer rangzit and get a CD with photoshop on it. same advice though, save the file after you have made changes as a different filename so the original remains intact.

Can anybody tells me how can I download Photoshop for free and how to resize all the pixs, as it has a giant capacity as I transfered to PC.  :o Wish i have anyone could help me, coz the man in my house has nothing to do with the Computer and have no idea how to use it.  :D  :D  Thank YOU kha for helping ( in advance )  :D

to download Photoshop for free? surely, after downloading credit card information you can just put that info on Adobe website and start download. Very simple

to resize your photos try irfanview  free at www.irfanview.com

just go image--> resize/resample  and save the pic as a different filename (put the pixel size at the end eg. 640x480) as it is important to keep the originals in original condition.

if the file is to email or post on the web save as a jpg or jpeg image.

if you need to adjust your photos you would be better to go to panthip or zeer rangzit and get a CD with photoshop on it. same advice though, save the file after you have made changes as a different filename so the original remains intact.

Thanks a lot for the useful hints kha. At least a gentleman here trying to help. Sorry I am not in Thailand at the moment, but next time I shall drop by Pantip kha.

( To put the pixel size at the end eg. 640x480).....u meant during resize or during setting digital programm ? I always set to high or fine :o

on my 5 megapixel camera I take photos that are 1600x1200 pixels in size - two reasons - 1) so they are around 1 to 1.3 meg file size each which allows me to fit 100 or so on my 128meg sd card and 2) so I can print an a4 photo if I wish with no pixellation.

if I intend to email the photo or put it on the web ( photo to be displayed on a computer screen ) I resize it with irfanview to 640x480 or 800x600 and save it as a jpeg , which brings the filesize below 200kbytes.

I still have the original file that is 1600x1200 and 1.2meg on my computer in case I wish to print it later or someone wants me to send them the original so as they can print it.

photoshop is only helpful if you wish to digitally adjust/enhance the photo , just to resize to post on the web or email , irfanview is just fine - I also use irfanview as my default image viewer because it is nice and small and allows me to roll though the pictures in a directory using the wheel on my mouse - just be sure to set view --> display options --> fit only big images to desktop.

I have loads of very nice pictures, but my problem is....I am too dump for the technic. Can anybody tells me how can I download Photoshop for free and how to resize all the pixs, as it has a giant capacity as I transfered to PC.  :o Wish i have anyone could help me, coz the man in my house has nothing to do with the Computer and have no idea how to use it.  :D  :D  Thank YOU kha for helping ( in advance )  :D

Here ya go. Try this. It's free to download, lots of nice features and easy to use.

http://www.hnm-freeware.com/EasyPeg/

I have loads of very nice pictures, but my problem is....I am too dump for the technic. Can anybody tells me how can I download Photoshop for free and how to resize all the pixs, as it has a giant capacity as I transfered to PC.  :o Wish i have anyone could help me, coz the man in my house has nothing to do with the Computer and have no idea how to use it.  :D  :D  Thank YOU kha for helping ( in advance )  :D

Here ya go. Try this. It's free to download, lots of nice features and easy to use.

http://www.hnm-freeware.com/EasyPeg/

Thank YOU kha for the website. :D

on my 5 megapixel camera I take photos that are 1600x1200 pixels in size - two reasons - 1) so they are around 1 to 1.3 meg file size each which allows me to fit 100 or so on my 128meg sd card and 2) so I can print an a4 photo if I wish with no pixellation.

1600x1200 is exactly what a 2 megapixel camera usually takes when a photo is full-sized. I too find this to be the ideal size in terms of memory management, printing and subsequent resizing for the web or e-mail.

I have a wonderful 2 megapixel Canon that I love. Sadly, it is seeing it's age and needs to be replaced soon. Too bad that no one manufactures a 2 megapixel camera anymore unless it's part of a mobile phone.

Since the vast majority of us really only need 2 megapixel resolution it seems absurd that we have to buy 4 or more and then downsize all the photos we take, not really using all those pixels that we paid for. I'd rather pay for better optics and faster memory access and less for pixels.

Does anyone know of a decent two megapixel camera that is actually being sold these days?

Photoshop has a nifty little feature that lets you batch resize hundreds of photos very effortlessly.

It will also let you rename all the files to a single name such as, ThaiVisa001, ThaiVisa002, ThaiVisa003 etc.

I use this feature when I want to reduce the file size and the pixle resolution down to 72 dpi so I can't post to the internet easier.

I use a Kodak EasyShare DX 5430 5 Mega Pixels camera. The color quality is excellent.

It's very simple to operate and has a SD card memory card slot to expand the internal 16MB of memory. SD memory cards and other memory cards, such as CF memory cards also make transfering the images to your computer very simple.

There are pleanty of places you can go to get a copy of photoshop before you purchase it. Most malls in the larger Thai cities will have a small store in their IT section that sells this graphics program as well as hundreds of other programs.

If you like it, and you can afford it, go to the adobe website, payfor and download the real program. Properly registered programs do come with more benifits than the copies you get in the malls.

Photoshop is the Mercedez Benz of photo editing programs. There are many more less costly programs you can use to resize and edit you programs.

The difference is similiar to going somewhere with a ragged out volkswagon bug and going with your Mercedez Benz. They both will get you to your destination but the Benz has more features.

I did the bangkok and the Central Thailand forums with smaller pics.

Which do you think works better.... more smaller pics, or fewer large hi-res pics?

cv

I looked at your Central Thai pix. Nice photos. :o

If the object is to use the pixs as a teaser to get people to look more at the galleries, then I'd say the photos you posted are about the right size for anyone to download, including those of us who are still using ~shudder~ dialup. They look great as examples with a nice selection for variety. Larger pix are great if finer detail or clarity is important, but the tradeoff is how patient a person is to wait while it downloads. For high speed Internet access, I suppose it doesn't make much difference.

Hmm. After looking at those pix, looks like I'm gonna hafta get busy and start a gallery with a few photos from Ayuttaya and Saraburi.

Even for complete beginners, "picture software" needs to be mentally categorised in 2 categories - image viewers/browsers, and image manipulation.

Picasa is great, as intuitive as you would expect from Google. (Yes I realise it was originally developed by another company that Google bought.)

But it's not an image manipulation program. It's a browser/album viewer sort-of-thing. It's absolutely brilliant at finding all the pictures on your computer, grouping and showing them to you in a way that is natural and doesn't require you to enter details for everything. If you're looking for "those photos we took in Kanchaburi a couple of years ago with Chang and Noi", you'll probably find them in seconds, without typing a word.

As it happens, it can also resize pictures and some other basic functions, but that's not its forte. On the other hand, Photoshop can be used to browse your photo collection, but it's just not very good at it - it takes forever to even start Photoshop, and opening a pic is a relatively slow and clumsy process. (Er, but I think Adobe now do an imageviewer, which I haven't seen.)

Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Paintshop Pro, etc, let you play with the picture, from removing red-eye to drawing hitler moustaches to deleting old lovers. Er, and more subtle stuff too.

As a third category, "other", you might use software to do stuff like transfer pictures from your camera, scanner, etc to your PC, or make greeting cards etc.

As well, image serches on Altavista and Google will pull them up. That's why it's important to label the photos when you upload them.

cv

Are the photos taken from the Member Albums found elsewhere here. It looks like a whole different thing. Can you describe how to upload or submit photos to be included? Do you need thumbnail images as well as the larger size? Maybe I just need to keep poking around a bit more. :o

We have two galleries which can lead to confusion. Try here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/gallery/

I'll see what I can do to make this all a little more user-friendly

cv

As well, image serches on Altavista and Google will pull them up. That's why it's important to label the photos when you upload them.

cv

Are the photos taken from the Member Albums found elsewhere here. It looks like a whole different thing. Can you describe how to upload or submit photos to be included? Do you need thumbnail images as well as the larger size? Maybe I just need to keep poking around a bit more. :o

• 4 weeks later...

:D:D:D

cdnvic

Did this really work ?:D

Thaivisa Gallery Upgraded, A few new features :o

We're pleased to announce that Thaivisa Gallery 1.3.0 has been installed on the Thaivisa forum server. Check it out!

New Features

* New E-Card System

* Albums within Categories

* User Multi Upload

* Photostrip

* New Stats ( Top 10 Rated, Top 10 Viewed, Last 10 Comments )

* Interface Cleanup

* Improved Sub Category Listings

* Improved Thumbnail Generation

* Improved Comment View

* Improved Media Posting

* Various Performance Enhancements

Go here to create your own photo album:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...lbums&op=addnew

Access your photo album:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...lery&cmd=albums

With all the New Features ? :D

Yours truly, :D