Frightening Experience

techno

The stories my tgf tells me about snakes in her bedroom when she was a kid, leave me cold.

Her parent's (wooden) house is in Lampang and is plagued with snakes - their 2 dogs kill some of them, but recently both were sprayed in the eye by a Cobra.

A friend of mine hardly ever sees a snake in his garden, yet another friend who only lives a few km away from him has them as regular visitors.

When I was in Hong Kong the advice was not to have ponds in the garden. Not sure if this was an urban myth or whether it meant water = frogs etc = snakes?!?

The stories my tgf tells me about snakes in her bedroom when she was a kid, leave me cold.

Her parent's (wooden) house is in Lampang and is plagued with snakes - their 2 dogs kill some of them, but recently both were sprayed in the eye by a Cobra.

A friend of mine hardly ever sees a snake in his garden, yet another friend who only lives a few km away from him has them as regular visitors.

When I was in Hong Kong the advice was not to have ponds in the garden. Not sure if this was an urban myth or whether it meant water = frogs etc = snakes?!?

It's true, we have a garden pond and often find a snake inside it looking around. But, during this rainy season I have been keeping ours cleaned out and keeping it drained. Bottom line, the frogs are still around as well as a snake here and there so a pond may attrack them but if they are around they'll be here with or without a pond.

Snakes go where the food is. They eat mice, rats and some frogs. They all like water. They like dark places to hide from other predators. They all can climb trees. They are also inquisitive... just like a cat. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone. Just don't startle them.

Not my photo... but a good one of a golden tree snake.

Golden_tree_snake_2_Em.sized.jpg