Visa For Expat Setting Up New Business.

Hi

A friend of mine is wanting to start buying, renovating and selling Condo's. He is Australian and will shortly be in need of re-applying for a new visa/extension.

Am I right in assuming he would be best to get a B visa then work permit, then buy a Thai Company. Obviously the later would be done through a reputable lawyer.

Thanks in advance

All ok, but your friend would also need a letter of invitation from a Thai entity as a basis to issue the Non-imm B, can be legal company who would be sorting out the WP.

Is your friend married to a Thai national ?

No he is not.

He has been offered to take over an already registered Thai company from a fellow farang locally. It has been in existance for 2 years with necessary tax papers etc.

It would probably be wise to go the 'OA' visa route, in the shortime, then deal with Non Imm 'B' & WP later. I am unclear who would prepare a 'letter of Invitation' for someone starting out using his own cash to buying a condo with a view to selling it and so on. He could just

treat it as a 3rd home but suspect he would prefer to go down the right and legal route(whatever that may be).

All ok, but your friend would also need a letter of invitation from a Thai entity as a basis to issue the Non-imm B, can be legal company who would be sorting out the WP.

Is your friend married to a Thai national ?

No he is not.

He has been offered to take over an already registered Thai company from a fellow farang locally. It has been in existance for 2 years with necessary tax papers etc.

It would probably be wise to go the 'OA' visa route, in the shortime, then deal with Non Imm 'B' & WP later. I am unclear who would prepare a 'letter of Invitation' for someone starting out using his own cash to buying a condo with a view to selling it and so on. He could just

treat it as a 3rd home but suspect he would prefer to go down the right and legal route(whatever that may be).

I hope your friend has done his due dilligence before taking over an existing entity....he needs to be very careful what his is getting himself into

Based on your further remarks I am now very confused on what he is trying to do ?....is he starting a a company, buying an existing company or is he retiring ? each avenue has different requirements....

if he goes O-A he cannot work on this visa

if he buys an existing company provision may already be there for a WP, if 2 years of tax reciepts can get extension of stay

if a start up company he would need a letter of invitation from a Thai entity (amongst other things)

Please clarify exactly what the intentions are and can you better info, as at the moment you are all over the place

I hope your friend has done his due dilligence before taking over an existing entity....he needs to be very careful what his is getting himself into

Based on your further remarks I am now very confused on what he is trying to do ?....is he starting a a company, buying an existing company or is he retiring ? each avenue has different requirements....

if he goes O-A he cannot work on this visa

if he buys an existing company provision may already be there for a WP, if 2 years of tax reciepts can get extension of stay

if a start up company he would need a letter of invitation from a Thai entity (amongst other things)

Please clarify exactly what the intentions are and can you better info, as at the moment you are all over the place

Sorry to confuse, this is all an area that I have no experience in as a retiree.

He shortly needs to organise a more longterm Visa and thats why I mentioned an 'OA' but now understand the 'no work' implications of this.

He wishes to buy condo's,renovate and sell properties one at a time and is very conserned about doing anything to endanger his visa and legal status here in LOS.

We will be seeing a Lawyer friend shortly to explore the practicalities of buying this already running company but I do realise this section is about visa implications only.

Thank you Soutpeel