How We Met

Not a good idea to say you met her at Nana though!

Ex bar girls get UK visas; liars don't.

Wherever/however one met one's partner, that is what one should say in the application.

Are you serious 7? Is it true (NOT just opinion) that you will get a visa if you (effectively) say the applicant was/is a prostitute? Not for the U.S. you won't. They even ask on the application if you have ever worked as a prozzie. I'd be quite surprised if any application with a "yes" to this question were approved.

You might have been joking, of course, in which case I apologize for being dim.

The UK judges the merits of an application on the whole picture. That the applicant may have previously worked as a prostitute is no bar to a UK visa; provided the entry clearance officer is satisfied that her relationship with her sponsor is as stated as is the purpose of her seeking entry to the UK.

I am aware that there are male prostitutes, but used 'her' for clarity.

The UK judges the merits of an application on the whole picture. That the applicant may have previously worked as a prostitute is no bar to a UK visa; provided the entry clearance officer is satisfied that her relationship with her sponsor is as stated as is the purpose of her seeking entry to the UK.

I am aware that there are male prostitutes, but used 'her' for clarity.

That's good information 7. I'm delighted that, as usual, the U.K. is far more enlightened than the US.

Yes, that is provocative, TV members feel free to respond............

The UK does'nt seem to have a problem with ex-BGs applying for a visa. I found there is more emphasis placed on the sponsors' ability to support the applicant, as well as proof of a genuine relationship. In reality, do you think the case officers believe that the vast majority of middle aged men met there younger bride in the hairdressers she works at?

It's a pointless thing to lie about, be honest about how you met in your application (OK, up to a point - they don't need to know she was your favourite titty tequila girl)

I did'nt lie about it and my wife has been granted a settlement visa on 2 seperate occassions.

Yet I have never met an applicant who worked in a bar ;) .

Of course not, but that's hardly surprising. These (surely few?) people who are honest on their applications cannot be going back to the UK with their bride (or GF) announcing to friends and family that they met her in a bar and she used to <deleted> for cash. So honesty surely has its limits. I would hope that the lady in question would also prefer to forget the precise details of the meeting too, so is it not just a little unkind to her to be brutally honest? Maybe it's just me, but I see this as one of those circumstances where a lie by omission is perfectly understandable. The "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, emoticon used by TVE says much too; we're all guilty of assuming the worst with Thai/Farang relationships and it is a monkey that any Thai lady who genuinely did not work in the business has to carry on her back if she is to be with a farang, especially if there is a significant age difference. It is what it is and will never change unless Thailand's reputation changes. So don't hold your breath.

Interesting that many applications in the US (visa, immigration etc.) deliberately ask you questions which can be used to disqualify/deport you should you be caught in a lie later. Does anyone have experience of an "honest" application for a US visa being approved? Suppose you are an American married to a Thai lady for, say, five years and you apply for an immigrant visa and admit she worked as a hooker. Does the INS take the liberal British view?

Yet I have never met an applicant who worked in a bar ;) .

Funny you should say that, never met a ex bar girl that is now married to a Farang up in Isaan either. Loads of Factory workers or legit massage girls, but no BG. Small world.

Regards

ragandboneman

I think most of them now live in Farangland.