Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

post-113955-132741865536_thumb.jpg

Testing the CBR250 trackbike

How are you liking it.. what have you done with the suspension.. anything.. i saw the mod to change out the front springs for kawa ninjette springs.

I also see you have a pipe on it..is it all working now?

It's a fun little track toy but still work in progress. The engine is modded, new pipe and API tech ECU. But still have to work on the suspension and gearing for the different tracks and have to do something with the brakes. Ran a 1:16 on Monday at BIRA, so I need to drop at least another 4sec before I'll race it. Had one of the moto3 races test it and he ran 1:14, 3sec slower then he does on his race bike so still some work to do.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-113955-132741865536_thumb.jpg

Testing the CBR250 trackbike

How are you liking it.. what have you done with the suspension.. anything.. i saw the mod to change out the front springs for kawa ninjette springs.

I also see you have a pipe on it..is it all working now?

It's a fun little track toy but still work in progress. The engine is modded, new pipe and API tech ECU. But still have to work on the suspension and gearing for the different tracks and have to do something with the brakes. Ran a 1:16 on Monday at BIRA, so I need to drop at least another 4sec before I'll race it. Had one of the moto3 races test it and he ran 1:14, 3sec slower then he does on his race bike so still some work to do.

what pipe is on it now? I'm. presuming it's loud right?

I think. I'm going to try the Kawasaki ninjette fork spring mod on mine.

keep us informed. thanks.

I had a 2004 Yamaha R1 in Boston and I considered myself a experienced, sometimes wild driver. But after seeing the way people/taxis/buses (i hate the buses) drive in Bangkok i wouldn't dare ride a bike. I get on a motorbike taxi to get out of my soi, but that's as far as im willing to go. Those of you who ride here, you are fearless and i wish i had your courage lol

Feels a lot safer when you are in among it rather than watching from the side. When first arrived I felt the same as you but now ride every day without feeling in any particular danger. Only a scooter though, not an R1, that would be a bit more hairy!!

I had a 2004 Yamaha R1 in Boston and I considered myself a experienced, sometimes wild driver. But after seeing the way people/taxis/buses (i hate the buses) drive in Bangkok i wouldn't dare ride a bike. I get on a motorbike taxi to get out of my soi, but that's as far as im willing to go. Those of you who ride here, you are fearless and i wish i had your courage lol smile.png

If you've ridden in Boston, I'm sure you would do fine here. I swear, people from Boston and Bangkok have the same driving genes. Welcome, it's nice to have a fellow Bostonian on the Forum.

Brian

I had a 2004 Yamaha R1 in Boston and I considered myself a experienced, sometimes wild driver. But after seeing the way people/taxis/buses (i hate the buses) drive in Bangkok i wouldn't dare ride a bike. I get on a motorbike taxi to get out of my soi, but that's as far as im willing to go. Those of you who ride here, you are fearless and i wish i had your courage lol smile.png

If you've ridden in Boston, I'm sure you would do fine here. I swear, people from Boston and Bangkok have the same driving genes. Welcome, it's nice to have a fellow Bostonian on the Forum.

Brian

I miss having my Cajun Mac&Cheese at Quincy Market so much! As far a riding in Boston i never had a problem. People always saw me coming and moved to the side, I loved it. Occasionally there was a BMW or Range Rover that though he was "king of the Road" but other than that the closest I ever came to a car was when I was parking lol. I went between cars a few times, mainly while in Providence, and almost every time i was either beeped at or the guy attempted to tailgate me to show his anger. In Bangkok its the opposite, I think people look at you like your an idiot if you stop behind a car. Anyways I'm planning a trip to Chang Mai and i plan on renting a CBR250, I called the guy and he agreed to 500/day for 5 days i think i got a good deal. I'll start there and if I survive i might consider a PCX in the city.

BTW...Has anybody ever left their passport as collateral for a car or bike? Thats what the guy in Chang Mai wanted but i said no. He agreed to my drivers license and my girlfriends Thai ID card

You think Thailand is dangerous? Try L.A. or Phoenix during morning or evening rush hour!!!

I rode from Vegas to LA 2 years ago, your right it was pretty bad. But I loved how LA has traffic lights to merge into the highway. True Story..while visiting Thai Town a old thai lady backed into my and my friends bike knocking them both over then entered the dessert shop and started yelling at us. 2 mins later the police were there and she did a complete 180 " Im so sorry I'm so sorry" I wasn't mad though i got to stay an extra week.

Couple of things. 1) Smart move on saying "NO" to leaving the passport. 2) 500 a day for 5 days is a pretty good deal, as prices are usually higher than that, especially here in CM during "high season". 3) A month ago I bought a new red PCX for my son. He totally loves it, and while it doesn't really compare to my CBR, it's actually one great scooter! Very quick, even for a 125cc, and more comfortable than any other scooter I've tried - and I've tried dang near all of them! The only thing I don't like about them is that hump in the seat. Uncomfortable pressing up against my backside, but it the bike were mine, that would be easily fixed. Also, I said from the start that Honda should have put a bigger engine in them. Ok, Head Mechanic at Honda said new PCX will have 150cc. That would be a major performance upgrade. So, if you're thinking of getting one, you might want to wait a couple of months till the new models come out and see if they actually do come with a 150.

Couple of things. 1) Smart move on saying "NO" to leaving the passport. 2) 500 a day for 5 days is a pretty good deal, as prices are usually higher than that, especially here in CM during "high season". 3) A month ago I bought a new red PCX for my son. He totally loves it, and while it doesn't really compare to my CBR, it's actually one great scooter! Very quick, even for a 125cc, and more comfortable than any other scooter I've tried - and I've tried dang near all of them! The only thing I don't like about them is that hump in the seat. Uncomfortable pressing up against my backside, but it the bike were mine, that would be easily fixed. Also, I said from the start that Honda should have put a bigger engine in them. Ok, Head Mechanic at Honda said new PCX will have 150cc. That would be a major performance upgrade. So, if you're thinking of getting one, you might want to wait a couple of months till the new models come out and see if they actually do come with a 150.

it was announced 2 weeks ago that the PCX will have a 150. Would have thought at that dealers meeting thaat it would have been an opportune time to release the CBR250 in the Tr-colour, but they didn't.

Edited by taichiplanet

I'm still putting my trust my the Head Mechanic at Honda / Niyom Panich, who swears a new CBR 400 will be here March/April. I'll wait till then before I do anything.

That could be very interesting & something to wait for IMHO if looking at a new ride

As long as it is not a single cylinder

Edited by flying

I'm still putting my trust my the Head Mechanic at Honda / Niyom Panich, who swears a new CBR 400 will be here March/April. I'll wait till then before I do anything.

That could be very interesting & something to wait for IMHO if looking at a new ride

As long as it is not a single cylinder

I agree. Can't speak for others, but for me personally, that would be the "perfect bike" for LOS. It would be much better than the 250 for the trips I love to take, but not so big that it would be difficult to handle in city traffic, such as a 650. But I also like my wife's thinking. Wait and see if they 400 comes. If not, keep my 150 for "local" and get the new Ninja 650 (which she loves and says I should have), for the trips. Or sell the 150 and buy a new PCX for "local" so she can drive it too. Hey, either one works for me.

Had a great 500km+ day ride today. The CBR just seems to eat up the km. Aranyaprathet to Bangkok in 2 1/2 hours.

Powercommander.

Anyway, thought some people would find this interesting. It's posted by Dynojet on another forum about a Powercommander, and I'll put the 2 posts together.

Ran across this thread and thought I would chime in to update you guys. We are NOT planning on doing a PCV for this model. Let me explain why. This bike has an O2 sensor on it that controls up to 85% throttle. We have tried to do a simple disable of the sensor but have had no success. Other companies simply add a bunch of fuel to the unit which causes the long term trims in the ECU to max out and will be fine under some conditions. The problem with this is the variance in the bikes, fuels, O2 sensor and weather conditions. When we did this we were able to keep the bike around 13.3 AFR which is good, but we simulated this bike going to sea level (we are at 2200ft) and the ECU started to lean the bike all way back out to the stock AFR of 14.7:1. This represents a problem in our eyes. So the only other way around it is to use our O2 Optimizer like we do on many other bikes. This Optimizer would run the cost of the PCV up to $429.95 and technically the only adjustment you would have would be 100% throttle as the rest of the area is controlled by the Optimizer. We decided to go with our simpler design the DFC. This unit incorportates the Optimizer into it but gets rid of other features like the shifter and Auto tune. This unit is just about ready to go, just need to iron out a couple things. We actually just sent 70 of them to the Canadian Superbike series.

Think of the DFC as a simpler Power Commander. Still has full fuel control but does not allow any expansion. for instance the PCV allows you to bring in a speed signal and do a map per gear is desired. The DFC does not. You can not simply add the quickshifter sensor to the DFC either. Nor can you add the Auto tune system. The DFC can hold mulitple maps in it and switch between these maps via a turn pot on the module itself. The fuel curve can also be adjusted via turn pots on the module in 3 different ranges. Will work very good on this model since most of the fuel curve is controlled by the O2 sensor. This unit also has a retail of $249 instead of the $379 PCV.

Had a great 500km+ day ride today. The CBR just seems to eat up the km. Aranyaprathet to Bangkok in 2 1/2 hours.

Powercommander.

Anyway, thought some people would find this interesting. It's posted by Dynojet on another forum about a Powercommander, and I'll put the 2 posts together.

Ran across this thread and thought I would chime in to update you guys. We are NOT planning on doing a PCV for this model. Let me explain why. This bike has an O2 sensor on it that controls up to 85% throttle. We have tried to do a simple disable of the sensor but have had no success. Other companies simply add a bunch of fuel to the unit which causes the long term trims in the ECU to max out and will be fine under some conditions. The problem with this is the variance in the bikes, fuels, O2 sensor and weather conditions. When we did this we were able to keep the bike around 13.3 AFR which is good, but we simulated this bike going to sea level (we are at 2200ft) and the ECU started to lean the bike all way back out to the stock AFR of 14.7:1. This represents a problem in our eyes. So the only other way around it is to use our O2 Optimizer like we do on many other bikes. This Optimizer would run the cost of the PCV up to $429.95 and technically the only adjustment you would have would be 100% throttle as the rest of the area is controlled by the Optimizer. We decided to go with our simpler design the DFC. This unit incorportates the Optimizer into it but gets rid of other features like the shifter and Auto tune. This unit is just about ready to go, just need to iron out a couple things. We actually just sent 70 of them to the Canadian Superbike series.

Think of the DFC as a simpler Power Commander. Still has full fuel control but does not allow any expansion. for instance the PCV allows you to bring in a speed signal and do a map per gear is desired. The DFC does not. You can not simply add the quickshifter sensor to the DFC either. Nor can you add the Auto tune system. The DFC can hold mulitple maps in it and switch between these maps via a turn pot on the module itself. The fuel curve can also be adjusted via turn pots on the module in 3 different ranges. Will work very good on this model since most of the fuel curve is controlled by the O2 sensor. This unit also has a retail of $249 instead of the $379 PCV.

interesting that it leaned the fuel out at sea level. I thought it was supposed to be the other way round..

but if they can get it sorted at a good price more power to them (pun intended)

Take 2!

This is the first time I've been able to connect with TV forum for a few weeks! I think there is something wrong at TV cos I have used several computers in attempt to connect with forum.....in Patong, Krabi, Ranong and home again in Pattaya.

Whilst away the CBR250r has received a divine intervention! Yes it is running like a Swiss clock, albeit one designed for off-road timekeeping!

It's running so good I rode it up to Phanat Nikhom with the GF yesterday to visit family.

Apart from being sandblasted by the big rigs on the motorway, all went well.

Anybody have a rattle?

From another forum:

The rattle started to get louder and annoying to the point of distraction. You are right, it's the fairing vibrating on top of the headlight. I cut up some pieces of rubber band, and put them between where the fairing meets the top of the headlight, and hallelujah, it's cured. Just got to find a more elegant solution now to tidy it up.

I just trimmed the bits of rubber band flush. It'll do for now. It's so nice to not have the rattle any more.

Pic

guys, surprisingly bought a dna air filter for cbr 250 at bike fair this Saturday

2400 thb, pretty good price if you compare the price of 110 something euro from dna related website.

If you are interested:

Sg motorshop dot com

Phone:08 1422 3598

Get it installed today but drove briefly. yes some increased performance. Will check more tomorrow.

Sorry, forget to take a photo of it before installing it. :)

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa

post-114750-132854769419_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1328547717_thumb.jpg

post-114750-132854773827_thumb.jpg

post-114750-132854775982_thumb.jpg

guys, surprisingly bought a dna air filter for cbr 250 at bike fair this Saturday

2400 thb, pretty good price if you compare the price of 110 something euro from dna related website.

If you are interested:

Sg motorshop dot com

Get it installed today but drove briefly. yes some increased performance. Will check more tomorrow.

Sorry, forget to take a photo of it before installing it. smile.png

Nice one.

I think lots of people will be interested in the seat of the pants dyno.

If you are interested:

Sg motorshop dot com

Nice one.

man, do you want me to pay 1500 - 2000 thb dyno for a 2400 thb mod? It will be funny to do that!

Although i will upgrade my bike next year, i am planing for the full system exhaust and a new ecu to complete the basic mods for cbr 250 - i like modding and i will not sell it - so when all is done sure i will go for a dyno and post it here so little patience:)

thanks

If you are interested:

Sg motorshop dot com

Nice one.

man, do you want me to pay 1500 - 2000 thb dyno for a 2400 thb mod? It will be funny to do that!

Although i will upgrade my bike next year, i am planing for the full system exhaust and a new ecu to complete the basic mods for cbr 250 - i like modding and i will not sell it - so when all is done sure i will go for a dyno and post it here so little patience:)

thanks

Only 600 Baht for a dyno run at Dirtshop rolleyes.gif

Sorry for confusion, completely missed the 'seat of the pants' part n just seen the dyno. Dealing with a <deleted>...g contract at that time of the post.

By the way, 600 thb dyno sounds good but is it reliable?

Anyway, today did not have a chance to fully check the changes on performance. Very heavy rush hour traffic.

But, what i understand, there is better acceleration in all rpm ranges and the dead spot around 3000 _ 4000 rpm is better.

Top end get a lot of improvement. It kicks nicely after 7500 rpm. I read some forums stating that with air filter, engine loses mid range torque but it is not correct. It is better then before.

Strange thing is, the intake vacuum voice is gone! Or very less.

For 2400 thb, really big improvement.

With an exhaust and ecu, cbr 250 will be a storm.

I m heading to chumporm tomorrow with my bike so i will check it better.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Nice one, thanks.

Keep the reports about the filter coming in.

I just had a commute through heavy enough traffic (aftermarket mirrors are absolutely great for this btw), with 2 or 3 sudden chances to open up and either hit 130k or hit the rpm limiter in 1st and 2nd gear, and this light little bike is a blast either way.

Edited by red1green0

Fake Koso Mirrors.

Picked up a nice pair of fake carbon fiber ones down in SP 320 at the weekend. Only 400b, cheap I thought. It makes the bike about ten times easier for splitting lanes in heavy traffic, and they look ultra-cool compared to the big, cheap looking stock ones.

Unfortunately I dropped one while installing and it split some of the glass. <deleted>. Put some tape on it until I could get down there again.

As it's the otherside of town I stopped off at the shops in Sapan Kwai, the same ones but in black, 260b. :D

Well recommended for anyone living in a city.

For out of town touring I put on the stock ones with the Honda touring screen. cool.png

^Will the ones you bought work with the touring screen?

Yes, it's the main bracket that goes over the touring screen, not just mirror stem.

Is visibility the reason you choose to use the stock ones when touring?

Yes, visibility is better with the stock, city commuting is way better than the aftermarket.

Visibility isn't bad, and I usually add a turn of the head regardless.